From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: [important] ConTeXt Meeting: call for talks & participants
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:40:21 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

I will send a more elaborate mail shortly (with a longer explanation),
but to put it into a few words, I need to know:

a) a rough estimate of the number of people who are planning to come
to Bohinj from 20th-25th August
b) [REALLY IMPORTANT] some preliminary talks held by people with any
kind of academic references

For a), I will put a web form online within a few days (so no hurry until then)
For b), I would like to ask people (apart from Hans and Taco, who will
get another mail) who have any kind of academic references (being a
professor, having some reasonable citation index, obtaining any kind
of grants (Idris?), being editor of any journals, being a Nobel
laureate :) or whatever else) and are planning to come, to drop me a
private mail.

I will try to apply for funding (for organisation of scientific
meeting) to lower the fee. The chances to get that funding is low, but
still worth trying, and the number & quality of foreign speakers is
one of criteria to be able to get the funding.

The meeting will last for 5 days (4 full days, 5 times sleeping
there), the fee most probably won't exceed 200 EUR (including
accomodation, food, conference materials and at least one half-day or
full-day excursion), and there are 4 low-cost airports around
(*Ljubljana - Easyjet & Wizzair, Maribor, Trieste, Klagenfurt).

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca