* installing expert font, pb with texfont
@ 2008-01-03 14:41 Yvon Henel
From: Yvon Henel @ 2008-01-03 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello all

I try to follow "My Way" of April 2005 "Installing Expert Fonts" by Idris
Samawi Hamid, which is really clear, to install my own version of
utopia-expert.

I am now at the TeXfont stage and I've got two strange errors
1/ TeXfont complain about a missing texteuro
2/ hungarumlaut is in fact a right curly brace "}" which would give curious
results in hungarian :)

I've followed the guide step by step and the only difference I can spot is
that the author refers to a "texnansi-lm.enc" which does not exist in my
TeXlive 2007 and that I have used a "lm-texnansi.enc" as base file.

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to all

--
Yvon Henel

[-- Attachment #1.2: This is a digitally signed message part. --]

* Re: installing expert font, pb with texfont
@ 2008-01-04 11:06 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-01-04 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 3, 2008 3:41 PM, Yvon Henel wrote:
> hello all
>
> I try to follow "My Way" of April 2005 "Installing Expert Fonts" by Idris
> Samawi Hamid, which is really clear, to install my own version of
> utopia-expert.
>
> I am now at the TeXfont stage and I've got two strange errors
> 1/ TeXfont complain about a missing texteuro
> 2/ hungarumlaut is in fact a right curly brace "}" which would give curious
> results in hungarian :)
>
> I've followed the guide step by step and the only difference I can spot is
> that the author refers to a "texnansi-lm.enc" which does not exist in my
> TeXlive 2007 and that I have used a "lm-texnansi.enc" as base file.
>
> Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

My hint would be to use LuaTeX or XeTeX instead of pdfTeX via TeXFont
if you can afford that, at least that's more future-oriented, although
the high-level interface might not be 100% stable yet. texfont has
some problems and fixing them is not on the high priority list (if you
spot a bug in XeTeX or LuaTeX, it will be fixed in the shortest
possible time).

The procedure with TeXFont assumes some certain names of the glyphs.
If glyphs in Utopia have other names (check the name of euro), you
need to modify that map file and supply your own file instead of
lm-texnansi.enc.

Mojca