* chapter title on a single empty page with background
@ 2008-01-06 21:36 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-01-06 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

for some reason I have always been using standardmakeup for separating
chapters in slides (I don't know if that's a good idea or not), but
this fails:

\setupcolors
	[state=start]
\setuphead
	[chapter]
	[page=yes,
	 number=no,
	 command=\mychaptercommand]
\setuphead
	[section]
	[page=yes,
	 number=no]
\def\mychaptercommand#1#2{%
	\bgroup
	\startstandardmakeup
	\setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=blue] % doesn't work
	\switchtobodyfont[30pt]{#2}
	\stopstandardmakeup
	\egroup}

\starttext
\chapter{Chapter}

\section{Section} % starts on the first page
\input tufte
\stoptext

I have now used

\def\mychapter#1#2{%
% the only way to make background color work
\page\bgroup
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=blue]
\startstandardmakeup
\switchtobodyfont[30pt]{#1: #2}
\stopstandardmakeup
\egroup}

as a workaround, but I wonder: is my first attempt something that's
simply forbidden to use or did I use it in a wrong way?

Thanks,
    Mojca

* Re: chapter title on a single empty page with background
@ 2008-01-06 21:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-01-06 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> for some reason I have always been using standardmakeup for separating
> chapters in slides (I don't know if that's a good idea or not), but
> this fails:
>
> \setupcolors
> 	[state=start]
> \setuphead
> 	[chapter]
> 	[page=yes,
> 	 number=no,
> 	 command=\mychaptercommand]
> \setuphead
> 	[section]
> 	[page=yes,
> 	 number=no]
> \def\mychaptercommand#1#2{%
> 	\bgroup
> 	\startstandardmakeup
> 	\setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=blue] % doesn't work
> 	\switchtobodyfont[30pt]{#2}
> 	\stopstandardmakeup
> 	\egroup}
>
> \starttext
> \chapter{Chapter}
>
> \section{Section} % starts on the first page
> \input tufte
> \stoptext
>
> I have now used
>
> \def\mychapter#1#2{%
> % the only way to make background color work
> \page\bgroup
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=blue]
> \startstandardmakeup
> \switchtobodyfont[30pt]{#1: #2}
> \stopstandardmakeup
> \egroup}
>
> as a workaround, but I wonder: is my first attempt something that's
> simply forbidden to use or did I use it in a wrong way?

just keep in mind that makeups are just vboxes, and that the chapter
commands does quite some things,

page=,before=\startstandardmakeup,after=\stopstandardmakeup

may be a safer way

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-01-06 22:00   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-01-06 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 6, 2008 10:52 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > for some reason I have always been using standardmakeup for separating
> > chapters in slides (I don't know if that's a good idea or not), but
> > this fails:
> >
> > \setupcolors
> >       [state=start]
> > \setuphead
> >       [chapter]
> >       [page=yes,
> >        number=no,
> >        command=\mychaptercommand]
> > \setuphead
> >       [section]
> >       [page=yes,
> >        number=no]
> > \def\mychaptercommand#1#2{%
> >       \bgroup
> >       \startstandardmakeup
> >       \setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=blue] % doesn't work
> >       \switchtobodyfont[30pt]{#2}
> >       \stopstandardmakeup
> >       \egroup}
> >
> > \starttext
> > \chapter{Chapter}
> >
> > \section{Section} % starts on the first page
> > \input tufte
> > \stoptext
> >
> > I have now used
> >
> > \def\mychapter#1#2{%
> > % the only way to make background color work
> > \page\bgroup
> > \setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=blue]
> > \startstandardmakeup
> > \switchtobodyfont[30pt]{#1: #2}
> > \stopstandardmakeup
> > \egroup}
> >
> > as a workaround, but I wonder: is my first attempt something that's
> > simply forbidden to use or did I use it in a wrong way?
>
> just keep in mind that makeups are just vboxes, and that the chapter
> commands does quite some things,
>
> page=,before=\startstandardmakeup,after=\stopstandardmakeup
>
> may be a safer way

Great, that works nice. Thanks a lot :)

Mojca