From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: week of wiki 1: call for "installation instructions"
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:50:40 +0100	[thread overview]

Dear ConTeXt felows,

Wiki has been sleeping for a long time. Specifically, some topics
change considerably over time, but wiki pages do not, and so newbie
users are completely confused.

I would like to announce
  "The First Week of Wiki: Improving the Installation Instructions"
   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Installation

Take this page for example:
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation
It should more-or-less disapear (it may be left for historical reasons
in quarantine, but other than that, it should not confuse people!!!)

So, I have a little request: can we devote one week (or 10 days if
neded) for improvement of installation instructions? This means:
- improve a generic page (Installation) with links,  general notes
about dependencies (ruby, perl), general settings
(\useMPTEXgraphicstrue, \preloadtypescripts, write18, texexec --make
--all, ctxtools --updatecontext, ..), release notes
- three (or slightly more) main pages: Windows Installation, Mac
Installation, Linux Installation
- Linux Installation may have links to Debian Installation or to
Installation from source or similar, but we certainly do not need
dozens of different pages for the same thing (Debian TeXlive install,
Debian installation, TeX-live)
- an template for obsolete stuff (what to do with Aleph? - it's not
supported any more anyway)
Etc.

The topic to follow should probably be about fonts or hello world
documents. But we should start somewhere.

Mojca

PS: here is some statistics about the top 5 pages visited on the wiki:

/Main_Page 	14.96%
/Windows_Installation 	2.82%
/What_is_ConTeXt 	1.78%
/Special:Recentchanges 	1.75%