From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Greek module
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 10:14:42 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:36 PM,  <cidadaum@sapo.pt> wrote:

>  > Two explanations are possible (there was no attachment to your mail)
>
>  Indeed no. I gave up when I received the e-mail saying my message was
>  waiting for approval. I apologise.

Waiting for approval because of too big attachment?

>  > - your ConTeXt is too old. OpenSuSE has TeXLive 2007, I guess, so you
>  > should update ConTeXt.
>
>  Right. My Context is from 2007. The point is that I am so clumsy about
>  installing something on OpenSuse/Linux (I have a Windows machine using
>  MikTex, suppose that doesn't help) that I do it always on line with a
>  repo.

MikTeX does help. Quite some users report that the latest version of
ConTeXt is currently broken though (and yesterday updating MikTeX was
broken). I had no chance to check, but in theory it should work (you
need to use MikTeX 2.7). I guess that even the module itself is
included in MikTeX.

> Download and install rpm packages (or other files) rarely turns
>  out to be good. But anyway I have tried to install according to the
>  recipe I found on wiki
>  (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Linux_User_Installation). Didn't
>  manage. If you have no other suggestion I can try again and post the
>  result.

Those instructions are a bit out-of-date (the problem is that the zips
on PRAGMA are rather old). I will fix the instructions.

Can you try this?
	mkdir context && cd context
	rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
	./first-setup.sh
and then put something like
	. ~/context/setuptex ~/context
to .bash_profile or .bashrc or only execute that command once you need
it (it will shield your global tex installation, but you can remove it
at any time).

This will only "install" a local copy.

If you need to fix the global installation, one option is to update
"only" ConTeXt files, for example with
   rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/context/current/
location-of-your-distro/texmf-something
(test to a temporary location first)

But:
- you also need to update LM fonts
- I would also suggest to update the xetex and xdvipdfmx binary in
that case. XeTeX before winter works extremely slowly with latest