* Re: several warnings after updating ConTeXt and LM fonts
@ 2008-06-04  4:55 Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2008-06-04  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Mojca,

Thank you for your instruction.

After updating XeTeX binaries, warnings are disappeared but a new one.

** WARNING ** Could not open config file "dvipdfmx.cfg".

I added the line
"TEXFONTSMAPS.dvipdfmx = .;$TEXMF........"
in texmf.cnf below the line
TEXFONTSMAPS = .;$TEXMF/Font/,ap/..."

However, the same warning  message still remains.

I checked the lm-math.map and lm-rm.map in the folder ../dvipdfm/
context/ as Wolfgang suggested. They are there.

How to remove this new warning message?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: several warnings after updating ConTeXt and LM fonts
@ 2008-06-04  6:48 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-06-04  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Dalyoung Jeong wrote:
> Dear Mojca,
>
> Thank you for your instruction.
>
> After updating XeTeX binaries, warnings are disappeared but a new one.
>
> ** WARNING ** Could not open config file "dvipdfmx.cfg".

That one is completely/absolutely harmless. I'll create a fake (blank)
file to remove the warning - sorry, forgot to do that before. The
warning has been added for dvipdfmx users since they need to copy that
file to a different location, but ConTeXt does not need it.

> I checked the lm-math.map and lm-rm.map in the folder ../dvipdfm/
> context/ as Wolfgang suggested. They are there.

They may be deleted (first-setup.sh --delete does that). With the new
binary these maps should not be needed at all.

Mojca

* Re: several warnings after updating ConTeXt and LM fonts
@ 2008-06-03  7:48 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-06-03  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Dalyoung Jeong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Recently, I updated ConTeXt using "ctxtools". I also install latest LM
> otf fonts and some map file for dvipdfm.
>
> After teshashing and creating formats, I tried a simple file. It
> worked well in ConTeXt, but in XeTeX+ ConTeXt, I got several warnings
> related with map files as following.
> However, I got a PDF output.
>
> How do I remove those warnings? I am using TeXlive(MacTeX).

Update XeTeX binaries. One possibility is to take them from here:
    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/bin/xetex/

Maybe you alse need to fix the following line in texmf.cnf (not sure
whether it is neccessary to do so):

TEXFONTMAPS.dvipdfmx = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{dvipdfmx,pdftex,dvips,dvipdfm,}//

Mojca

* several warnings after updating ConTeXt and LM fonts
@ 2008-06-03  7:39 Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2008-06-03  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

Recently, I updated ConTeXt using "ctxtools". I also install latest LM
otf fonts and some map file for dvipdfm.

After teshashing and creating formats, I tried a simple file. It
worked well in ConTeXt, but in XeTeX+ ConTeXt, I got several warnings
related with map files as following.
However, I got a PDF output.

How do I remove those warnings? I am using TeXlive(MacTeX).

Thank you

Best regards,

Dalyoung

stdin -> newinstall.pdf
[1
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: rsfs7
rsfs5                       <rsfs7.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="original-
base.map", line=3.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: lmbsy5   LMMathSymbols5-
Bold       "enclmmathsy ReEncodeFont"  <lm-mathsy.enc  <lmbsy5.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="lm-math.map",
line=7.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: rm-lmb10 LMRomanDemi10-
Regular "enclmrm ReEncodeFont" <lm-rm.enc <lmb10.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="lm-rm.map",
line=7.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: ucrb8t  NimbusMonL-
Bold          <ec.enc <ucrb8a.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="ec-base.map",
line=3.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: qcrb  <qcr.enc <qcrb.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="qx-base.map",
line=3.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: ucrr8v  VnNimbusMonL-
Regu                          "T5Encoding ReEncodeFont" <t5.enc
<ucrr8v.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="t5-base.map",
line=3.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: ucrb8r  NimbusMonL-
Bold          <8r.enc <ucrb8a.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="8r-base.map",
line=3.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: lasy5      LASY5
<lasy5.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="original-ams-
base.map", line=1.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: euex10 EUEX10 <euex10.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="original-ams-
euler.map", line=1.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: cmb10     CMB10     <lm-rep-
cmrm.enc  <lmb10.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="original-
public-lm.map", line=68.
]
4818 bytes written
Output written on newinstall.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on newinstall.log.
TeXUtil | parsing file newinstall.tui
TeXUtil | shortcuts : 169
TeXUtil | expansions: 308