* Problem with Xetex
@ 2008-06-15 20:30 cidadaum
From: cidadaum @ 2008-06-15 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Probably I am the most troubled, unsuccessful beginner in this list
(it's my <i>fado</i>), anyway:
I have two installations of context: one in ~/texmf; another in
~/context to which I switch typing . ~/context/tex/setuptex
~/context/tex.
The first one has a problem with 8bit output (\enableregiem[utf8]: it
says in the log file: possible problem with 8bit output.
Xetex hangs on with: kpathsea mktextfm lmroman...
The second installation has another problem with xetex: "could not
open config file dvipdfmx.cfg"

* Re: Problem with Xetex
@ 2008-06-15 20:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-06-15 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

cidadaum@sapo.pt wrote:
> Probably I am the most troubled, unsuccessful beginner in this list
> (it's my <i>fado</i>), anyway:
> I have two installations of context: one in ~/texmf; another in
> ~/context to which I switch typing . ~/context/tex/setuptex
> ~/context/tex.
> The first one has a problem with 8bit output (\enableregiem[utf8]: it
> says in the log file: possible problem with 8bit output.
> Xetex hangs on with: kpathsea mktextfm lmroman...
> The second installation has another problem with xetex: "could not
> open config file dvipdfmx.cfg"

maybe the first tree has an ancient xetex and/or context and/or those
fonts ... xetex is a moving target and when possible context adapts to
it and as a result they need to be in sync (the same is true for context
mkiv and luatex)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Problem with Xetex
@ 2008-06-15 21:45 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-06-15 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 10:30 PM,  <cidadaum@sapo.pt> wrote:
> Probably I am the most troubled, unsuccessful beginner in this list
> (it's my <i>fado</i>), anyway:
> I have two installations of context: one in ~/texmf; another in
> ~/context to which I switch typing . ~/context/tex/setuptex
> ~/context/tex.
> The first one has a problem with 8bit output (\enableregiem[utf8]: it
> says in the log file: possible problem with 8bit output.

\enableregime (I guess it was only a typo in e-mail), but that signals
an "ancient" version of ConTeXt. Just leave \enableregime out - you
don't need it.

> Xetex hangs on with: kpathsea mktextfm lmroman...

Again - ancient XeTeX.

> The second installation has another problem with xetex: "could not
> open config file dvipdfmx.cfg"

That's not a problem, it's only a warning that doesn't apply to
ConTeXt at all. Did you have any problems generating your documents
with it?

Mojca