On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Andrea Valle wrote: > Hi > I'm using minimals. > always input with \enbleregime[utf] > Now, I was used to input ``and '' to obtain apices. Now, the second is > rendered fine, the first remains `` > e.g. ``l'ambiente dei suoni'' is rendered as in the pdf attached) Picture probably tells you more than thousand words. You are voting for the first example, right? Mojca Use \quotation{} or add mapping=tex-text for XeTeX. For LuaTeX I don't dare telling you the hack to achieve the same since it might change.