From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: symb-uni.tex
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 10:21:39 +0200	[thread overview]

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Alan Stone wrote:
> Ok Hans. So back to "the old days"...
>
> What additional instruction(s) are required to satisfy the condition of, for
> example "0x2000: Requires UnicodeRegular20" ?

Most probably you need to create you own font files (tfm, enc, map files, ...)

Here's a gentle introduction of how to deal with font files. Not
exactly all aspects of it apply (some LaTeX specific files can be
omitted, but everything about tfm, enc, map ... files still applies,
and you also need to make sure that otf2tfm conversion works), but ask
if you will [still] have any questions after reading it:
     http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/Type1fonts/fontinstallationguide/

(I have an impression that some appedix of LaTeX companion was freely
available on web, covering the same topic, but I'm probably wrong.)

Mojca

PS: my advice: use LuaTeX or XeTeX and type that character in Unicode