* Re: questions on ctxtools and line break.
@ 2008-12-08  6:32 Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2008-12-08  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Mojca, Yue, and Hans,

Thank you for the help.
I updated ConTeXt and LuaTeX using rsync to the foler .../texlive/
2008/../texmf-local.

"texmfstart texexec --make (--xtx) --all" run smoothly, but luatools
still has a cnf error.

I'll do it again from the beginning when I have time.
However, it works fine in ConTeXt-minimal.

One day Mr. Wolfgang tried to do some work to set up standardization
of CJK for MKIV. However, it is not easy because Korean use space
between words.

The rules of line break for Korean is simple in saying. We don't need
any hyphenation inside word, so if it is longer than the \textwidth,
just make a line break at that position. There may be a little
adjustment to make it right flush.

For the details of the line breaking system for Korean, I'll talked to
the people in KTUG.
Some experts in KTUG will answer how to do that.
For ConTeXt, there is a font-kor.tex(by nomos) file which enable to
use Korean in ConTeXt. So they know what and how to do. I hope that we
find a good solution which is also good for the implementation in MKIV.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: questions on ctxtools and line break.
@ 2008-12-08 20:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-12-08 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dalyoung Jeong wrote:

> The rules of line break for Korean is simple in saying. We don't need
> any hyphenation inside word, so if it is longer than the \textwidth,
> just make a line break at that position. There may be a little
> adjustment to make it right flush.
>
> For the details of the line breaking system for Korean, I'll talked to
> the people in KTUG.
> Some experts in KTUG will answer how to do that.
> For ConTeXt, there is a font-kor.tex(by nomos) file which enable to
> use Korean in ConTeXt. So they know what and how to do. I hope that we
> find a good solution which is also good for the implementation in MKIV.

ok, i'll wait for the details and a test file

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-12-09  0:40 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-12-09  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Dalyoung Jeong wrote:
> Dear Mojca, Yue, and Hans,
>
> Thank you for the help.
> I updated ConTeXt and LuaTeX using rsync to the foler .../texlive/
> 2008/../texmf-local.
>
> "texmfstart texexec --make (--xtx) --all" run smoothly, but luatools
> still has a cnf error.

Did you update the scripts in binaries as well? (Unless you updated
ConTeXt from TL repository, it will keep the old mtxrun in binaries,
and that one doesn't work at all.)

Mojca

* Re: questions on ctxtools and line break.
@ 2008-12-07 18:35   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-12-07 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> It most probably needs to be implemented by either Hans or Taco. I
> assume that either of them will ask you to provide him exact
> specification about what that "locale" needs to do.

ok then: can you provide more details + example (maybe someone should
coordinate a cjk test suite)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-12-07  9:52     ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-12-07  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>>
>>> When I compile Korean text using XeTeX + ConTeXt or LuaTeX, there are
>>> many overfull errors because of  the linebreaking. But by adding the
>>> command "\XeTeXlinebreaklocale[ko]"  the overfull errors were cleared
>>> in XeTeX+ ConTeXt. Is there a similar command in LuaTeX to handle the
>>> overfull errors? If not, is it possible to add such a command?
>>
>> It most probably needs to be implemented by either Hans or Taco. I
>> assume that either of them will ask you to provide him exact
>> specification about what that "locale" needs to do.
>
> Good guess :-)

In fact, I think Mr. 그래프 수학과 can follow the Chinese Line break rules
since CJK rules are very similar.
and ChoF's paper project.ktug.or.kr/omega-cjk/tug2004-preprint.pdf is
a also good start for developers [like Taco and Hans, of course :)]
Moreover, I think many TeX gurus have already been using LuaTeX +
LaTeX to typesetting Korean for a long time. See
http://cvs.ktug.or.kr/~nomos/lhistoire/civillaw_u8.pdf. So Dalyoung,
you can ask the author if he can give you some hints (macros and lua
scripts are better).

* Re: questions on ctxtools and line break.
@ 2008-12-07  9:04   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-12-07  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2008-12-06 19:36 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-12-06 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Dalyoung,

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 3:29 AM, Dalyoung Jeong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Here are two questions.
>
> 1. about ctxtools
>
> Recently, I updated TeXLive 2008 using "tlmgr". After that I try to
> update ConTeXt using "ctxtools --update".
>
> Is it OK to use ctxtools for updating? What is the best way to update
> ConTeXt in TL2008?

ctxtools have some issues. See this page (maybe the section about
updating will be moved to some other place):

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV

@ 2008-12-06  2:29 Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2008-12-06  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

Here are two questions.

1. about ctxtools

Recently, I updated TeXLive 2008 using "tlmgr". After that I try to
update ConTeXt using "ctxtools --update".
It downloaded cont-tmp.zip  and extracting it. After mktexlsr, there
was the first error but it proceeded without stop.

mktexlsr: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Done.

LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
LuaTools | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
LuaTools | to be replaced old script /usr/texbin/luatools
LuaTools | unable to locate new script
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.003 seconds

MtxRun | error unable to identify cnf file
MtxRun | error unable to identify cnf file
MtxRun | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
MtxRun | to be replaced old script /usr/texbin/mtxrun
MtxRun | unable to locate new script

LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
LuaTools | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.002 seconds
TeXExec | using search method 'kpsewhich'
TeXExec | using existing database
TeXExec | using tex engine pdftex
TeXExec | using tex format path /Users/dalyoung/Library/texmf/web2c/
pdftex
TeXExec | generating tex format cont-en
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.1415926-1.40.9 (Web2C 7.5.7) (INITEX)
  %&-line parsing enabled.
  (/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/web2c/natural.tcx)
entering extended mode
(/usr/local/texlive/2008/../texmf-local/tex/context/base/cont-en.tex

I got a following error and I couldn't continue.
(/usr/local/texlive/2008/../texmf-local/tex/context/base/core-fil.tex
) (/usr/local/texlive/2008/../texmf-local/tex/context/base/core-con.tex
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \??cv :\c!n
                        :\v!one
\setvalue #1->\expandafter \def \csname #1
                                           \endcsname
l.618 \setvalue{\??cv:\c!n:\v!one  }
                                     {1}
?

Is it OK to use ctxtools for updating? What is the best way to update
ConTeXt in TL2008?

2. about line break for sentences in Korean.

When I compile Korean text using XeTeX + ConTeXt or LuaTeX, there are
many overfull errors because of  the linebreaking. But by adding the
command "\XeTeXlinebreaklocale[ko]"  the overfull errors were cleared
in XeTeX+ ConTeXt. Is there a similar command in LuaTeX to handle the
overfull errors? If not, is it possible to add such a command?

Thank you for reading.

best regards,

Dalyoung