From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: about "LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file"
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:08:00 +0100	[thread overview]

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Diego Depaoli wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Dalyoung Jeong wrote:
>> Dear Mojca,
>>
>> "texmfstart texexec --make (--xtx) --all" run smoothly, but luatools
>>
>> still has a cnf error.
> Stupid question... did you run/source setuptex before?

In pure theory it should not be needed.

----

I told you to update TL, but I forgot to tell you that you need to
update *both* from TeX Live *and* update LuaTeX and ConTeXt afterwards
"manually" with some more recent version.

Updating with tlmgr only serves the purpose to get the right version
of luatools, mtxrun and texmfstart. They used to be copies of scripts,
while they are symbolic links now. If you woud update ConTeXt without
updating the version from TL, it would not update the scripts.

Specifically on MacTeX you need some more patches that have been
written after ConTeXt and LuaTeX have been frozen on TeX Live. So you
could either set all the environmental variables or simply update
everything.

(See http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV where I forgot to
mention that one should update with tlmgr first.)

Mojca