* Context minimals and BIBINPUTS
@ 2008-12-20  1:09 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-12-20  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Why is BIBINPUTS not set in texmf/texmf.cnf in context minimals? I know
that the minimals do not ship with any bib file, but even then, I think
that we need

BIBINPUTS = .;{$TXRESOURCES}//;{$CTXDEVTXPATH};$TEXMF/bibtex/bib//

in texmf.cnf. Comments?

Aditya

* Re: Context minimals and BIBINPUTS
@ 2008-12-20  7:34 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-12-20  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why is BIBINPUTS not set in texmf/texmf.cnf in context minimals?

Hello Aditya,

The answer is simple: because it was not set in what Hans originally
wrote and nobody complained so far.

> BIBINPUTS = .;{$TXRESOURCES}//;{$CTXDEVTXPATH};$TEXMF/bibtex/bib//
>
> in texmf.cnf. Comments?

I have no idea what the first two are, but the variable can definitely
be added. What about BSTINPUTS?

Mojca

* Re: Context minimals and BIBINPUTS
@ 2008-12-20  8:16   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-12-20  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> The answer is simple: because it was not set in what Hans originally
> wrote and nobody complained so far.

indeed, so just let me know once you figured out the best common setup

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-12-20 16:33   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-12-20 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Why is BIBINPUTS not set in texmf/texmf.cnf in context minimals?
>
> Hello Aditya,
>
> The answer is simple: because it was not set in what Hans originally
> wrote and nobody complained so far.
>
>> BIBINPUTS = .;{$TXRESOURCES}//;{$CTXDEVTXPATH};$TEXMF/bibtex/bib//
>>
>> in texmf.cnf. Comments?
>
> I have no idea what the first two are, but the variable can definitely
> be added. What about BSTINPUTS?

I also have no idea about the first two, but almost all variables use
them. BSTINPUTS is defined, and I just copied BSTINPUTS and changed bst to
bib.

@ 2008-12-22  7:38     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-12-22  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Why is BIBINPUTS not set in texmf/texmf.cnf in context minimals?
>>
>> Hello Aditya,
>>
>> The answer is simple: because it was not set in what Hans originally
>> wrote and nobody complained so far.
>>
>>> BIBINPUTS = .;{$TXRESOURCES}//;{$CTXDEVTXPATH};$TEXMF/bibtex/bib//
>>>
>>> in texmf.cnf. Comments?
>>
>> I have no idea what the first two are, but the variable can definitely
>> be added. What about BSTINPUTS?
>
> I also have no idea about the first two, but almost all variables use them.
> BSTINPUTS is defined, and I just copied BSTINPUTS and changed bst to bib.

OK, added. (It might make sense to revise the contents of texmf.cnf
one day and maybe throw away a few things or add some, like TEXMFHOME
:)

Mojca

* Re: Context minimals and BIBINPUTS
@ 2008-12-22  9:33       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-12-22  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>>> Hello Aditya,
>>>
>>> The answer is simple: because it was not set in what Hans originally
>>> wrote and nobody complained so far.

>>> I have no idea what the first two are, but the variable can definitely
>>> be added. What about BSTINPUTS?
>> I also have no idea about the first two, but almost all variables use them.
>> BSTINPUTS is defined, and I just copied BSTINPUTS and changed bst to bib.
>
> OK, added. (It might make sense to revise the contents of texmf.cnf
> one day and maybe throw away a few things or add some, like TEXMFHOME
> :)

so, what do i need to add here? what was the final verdict?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-12-22 15:27         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-12-22 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>>> I also have no idea about the first two, but almost all variables use
>>> them.
>>> BSTINPUTS is defined, and I just copied BSTINPUTS and changed bst to bib.
>>
>> OK, added. (It might make sense to revise the contents of texmf.cnf
>> one day and maybe throw away a few things or add some, like TEXMFHOME
>> :)
>
> so, what do i need to add here? what was the final verdict?

http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/misc/web2c/texmf.cnf

BIBINPUTS = .;{$TXRESOURCES}//;{$CTXDEVTXPATH};$TEXMF/bibtex/bib//
BSTINPUTS = .;{$TXRESOURCES}//;{$CTXDEVTXPATH};$TEXMF/bibtex/bst//

Even though I'm not sure that I understand why I added the first two paths :)

Mojca