* Minimal installation help on windows
@ 2008-12-25 13:42 Mehdi Omidali
From: Mehdi Omidali @ 2008-12-25 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Two months ago I was able to install context minimal on windows XP and
Ubuntu but now I can not do that. After a fresh installation on
windows by the GUI installer I faced the following halt while
compiling a sample, here is the log file
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
(sample.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2008.11.10 21:40 MKIV  fmt: 2008.12.25  int: english/english

system         : cont-new loaded
(c:/contextminimal/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems         : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex
(c:/contextminimal/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv)
(c:/contextminimal/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-mtx.tex))
system         : cont-fil loaded
(c:/contextminimal/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
system         : cont-sys.rme loaded
(c:/contextminimal/texmf-context/tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme
(c:/contextminimal/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-tmf.tex)
(c:/contextminimal/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex)
(c:/contextminimal/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-otf.tex))
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
specials       : pdftex loaded
language       : language en is active
system         : sample.top loaded
(sample.top) (sample.tuo) (sample.tuo)
systems        : begin file sample at line 27
fontnames | identifying tree font files with suffix otf
fontnames | identifying tree font files with suffix OTF
fontnames | 161 tree files identified, 222 hash entries added, runtime
0.203 seconds
fontnames | identifying tree font files with suffix ttf
fontnames | identifying tree font files with suffix TTF
fontnames | 5 tree files identified, 7 hash entries added, runtime 0.125 seconds
fontnames | identifying tree font files with suffix ttc
fontnames | identifying tree font files with suffix TTC
fontnames | 0 tree files identified, 0 hash entries added, runtime 0.125 seconds
fontnames | identifying tree font files with suffix afm
fontnames | identifying tree font files with suffix AFM
fontnames | 76 tree files identified, 65 hash entries added, runtime
0.219 seconds
fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix otf
fontnames | globbing path C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/**.otf
fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix OTF
fontnames | globbing path C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/**.OTF
fontnames | 0 system files identified, 0 hash entries added, runtime
0.063 seconds
fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix ttf
fontnames | globbing path C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/**.ttf
fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix TTF
fontnames | globbing path C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/**.TTF
fontnames | 380 system files identified, 608 hash entries added,
runtime 0.313 seconds
fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix ttc
fontnames | globbing path C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/**.ttc
fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix TTC
fontnames | globbing path C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/**.TTC
fontnames | 1 system files identified, 4 hash entries added, runtime
0.063 seconds
fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix afm
fontnames | globbing path C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/**.afm
fontnames | identifying system font files with suffix AFM
fontnames | globbing path C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/**.AFM
fontnames | 0 system files identified, 0 hash entries added, runtime
0.063 seconds)
*
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
and at this point I just terminated the process. Any idea? The source file is

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\definefontfeature
[persian]
[mode=node,language=dflt,script=arab,
init=yes,medi=yes,fina=yes,isol=yes,
liga=yes,dlig=yes,rlig=yes,clig=yes,
mark=yes,mkmk=yes,kern=yes,curs=yes]

\starttypescript [serif] [persian]
\definefontsynonym [Farsi-Light][name:XB Zar.ttf][features=persian]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif][persian][name]
\usetypescript[serif][persian]
\definefontsynonym [Serif][Farsi-Light][features=persian]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [Farsi]
    \definetypeface[Farsi][rm][serif][persian][default]
\stoptypescript
\def\FarsiGlobalDir {\pagedir TRT\bodydir TRT\pardir TRT\textdir TRT}
\definestartstop
[farsidocument]
[commands={\usetypescript[Farsi]%
    \setupbodyfont[Farsi,12pt]%
    \FarsiGlobalDir}]

\starttext
\startfarsidocument
ایضاً این هم همین طور است.

۰۱۲۳۴۵۶۷۸۹
\stopfarsidocument

* Re: Minimal installation help on windows
@ 2008-12-25 19:19 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-12-25 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Mehdi Omidali wrote:
> Hi,
> Two months ago I was able to install context minimal on windows XP and
> Ubuntu but now I can not do that. After a fresh installation on
> windows by the GUI installer I faced the following halt while
> compiling a sample
>
> \starttext
> \startfarsidocument
> ایضاً این هم همین طور است.
>
> ۰۱۲۳۴۵۶۷۸۹
> \stopfarsidocument

Hello Mehdi,

LuaTeX had some issues in the past days (and new binaries are not
online yet), but adding \stoptext at the end of document sometimes
helps.

Mojca