From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Can't compile LuaTeX beta 0.35.0 (on OS X)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:32:02 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:15, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2009, at 8:48 PM, Andreas Harder wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> if I try to compile the actual LuaTeX beta, the compilation ends with the
>> following error:
>>
>> ld: in ../../libs/luasocket/src/socket.a, archive has no table of contents
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [luatex] Error 1
>>
>> I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Intel) and checked out the source from
>> svn://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.35.0
>>
>> Du I miss something? Or is there another way to get the current binaries
>> for OS X?
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>>        Andreas
>>
> It compiles normally here (10.5.6, Intel). Hasn't Mojca added the binary to
> the minimals? We really should cut her bonus at the end of the year :-)
>
> If it isn't in the minimals, I'll see if I can upload it to the garden.

I'm sorry. I have only limited access to internet (I delegated the
work to other people in the meantime, but well ...). I'm building the
binaries now (so hopefully they should be there a few minutes after I
send this mail unless compilation fails here as well).

Nevertheless it would be nice to fix the building error if possible.
It might pop up on other platforms as well.

I'm sorry about linux. Luigi's binaries don't work properly on all
computers, and we don't have the old contextgarden server any more. I
had to revert the version and I have to see if we can get the luatex
binary from some other source.

Next problem is that I'm now away (with extremely limited internet
access), Taco and Hans are leaving as well ...
I probably need to "unlock" the beta now since luatex has been
released (though I didn't check if we have binaries for all the
platforms).

I kind of expect a few problems. "current" will probably break now - I
doubt that it still works with the latest luatex. "beta" might be
unsynchronised for some time and math is not completely polished yet.

I would say: if you have some critical project: do not try to update
in the next few days.

Mojca