* pdftex error
@ 2009-03-09  4:25 Fengnan
From: Fengnan @ 2009-03-09  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

When I updated my context minimal earlier today, at the end of the update process, the cmd window pops up a error message box which says "Unable to find kpathsea357-dev.dll, so this program cannot be started" ( I translate from Chinese). Just pure guess, did Mojca forget to put the file in the right place?

Fengnan Gao  <fnsteed@hotmail.com

* Re: pdftex error
@ 2009-03-09  8:17 ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-03-09  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes. she needs to add that line into her script.
for now you can manually get that from w32tex's luatex-dev package.

@ 2009-03-10  6:41   ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-03-10  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca:

This problem is still not fixed. Try to add both kpathsea357.dll
(required by luatex) and kpathsea357-dev.dll (required by pdftex,
xetex, mpost) into your fetch script.

Yue Wang

@ 2009-03-11 16:15     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-03-11 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 07:41, Yue Wang wrote:
> Mojca:
>
> This problem is still not fixed. Try to add both kpathsea357.dll
> (required by luatex) and kpathsea357-dev.dll (required by pdftex,
> xetex, mpost) into your fetch script.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the reminder and sorry for keeping you waiting (I'm
still on holidays).

I used to update windows binaries by hand, and then Akira started
reminding me to update the binaries in minimals. Now I have set up
automatic updates, but then libraries constantly fail to work because
they change the names (and names are hardcoded at several places as it
stands now).

Once I'll have more time I'll rewrite the scripts to watch for changes
in libraries in Akira's zips.

If you didn't warn me to get the kpathsea357.dll library, you would be
left with a broken installation again :) :) :) That library has been
removed from the main tex zip and will be removed from the luatex zip
as well as soon as Taco releases a new beta. So ... yes, I need to
figure out a way to update things in some better and more clever way
than whan we do now.

One tiny question for those working on Windows (I used to have a
program to track library dependencies, but I forgot which one):
minimals have plenty of binaries like bibtex.exe that are taken from
TeX Live 2008. Any idea which library those binaries depend on?

Thanks,
    Mojca

@ 2009-03-12  1:48       ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-03-12  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> One tiny question for those working on Windows (I used to have a
> program to track library dependencies, but I forgot which one):
> minimals have plenty of binaries like bibtex.exe that are taken from
> TeX Live 2008. Any idea which library those binaries depend on?

exescope can do that.

Yue Wang

* Re: pdftex error
@ 2009-03-12  1:53         ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-03-12  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

btw, see also http://www.dependencywalker.com/

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Yue Wang <yuleopen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> One tiny question for those working on Windows (I used to have a
>> program to track library dependencies, but I forgot which one):
>> minimals have plenty of binaries like bibtex.exe that are taken from
>> TeX Live 2008. Any idea which library those binaries depend on?
>
> exescope can do that.
>
> Yue Wang

* Re: pdftex error
@ 2009-03-12  4:58           ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-03-12  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 02:53, Yue Wang wrote:
> btw, see also http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Thanks,

The page looks familiar, maybe I have used exactly that program in
past, but the main problem is the dependency of that program itself :)
:) :) It needs windows :) :) :)

I got the reply from Akira, so I'll try to fix a few things in a week
or later. I hope that the binaries at least work now.

Mojca

* Re: pdftex error
@ 2009-03-12  6:56             ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-03-12  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)