* installing minimals
@ 2009-04-29 12:58 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2009-04-29 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I don't know whether the following is related to what is being discussed
at the moment, but when trying to install a new version of minimals (in
a separate, fresh directory), compiling a test file fails with the
following message:

On the Mac (Leopard):

Setting "/Users/bonasia/contextexp/tex" as TEXROOT.
bonasa:contextexp bonasia$ cd
~/Documents/alectoris/archives/talks/medges/longlife/
bonasa:longlife bonasia$ texmfstart texexec handout_longlife
TeXExec | processing document 'handout_longlife'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file handout_longlife.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 553
TeXExec | tex engine: pdftex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (Web2C 7.5.7)
 \write18 enabled.
 (/Users/bonasia/contextexp/tex/texmf-context/web2c/natural.tcx)
I can't find the format file `cont-en.fmt'!
TeXExec | runtime: 0.073803

On ubuntu (9.04):

Setting "/home/tetrao/newtex/tex" as TEXROOT.
tetrao@tetrao:~/Desktop/test$ texmfstart texexec test
TeXExec | processing document 'test'
TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | tex processing method: context
TeXExec | TeX run 1
TeXExec | writing option file test.top
TeXExec | using randomseed 1368
TeXExec | tex engine: pdftex
TeXExec | tex format: cont-en
pdftex: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot
TeXExec | runtime: 0.035289

The old Minimals, which I kept, are still working on both computers.

Thanks for suggestions, Jörg

* Installing minimals
@ 2009-10-09 14:05 Alain Delmotte
From: Alain Delmotte @ 2009-10-09 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi!

On the 16th of September I mentioned that I had problems to install the
minimals.

Further, on my portable, the one I used during EuroTeX I could not
connect to INTERNET anymore even after changing the connection parameters!!

I then decide to un-install the firewall program I use (COMODO -- which
I disabled when I tried to install the minimals, but with no result) and...
everything is now OK: I could reconnect and more important install the
minimals.

Still a problem using TeXworks: the synctex system is not working:
neither adding -synctex=1 in Preferences or \synctex=1 at the start of
the tex source.

Synctex appeared only in MikTeX 2.7 by a special (?) instruction in the
pdftex (?) program.
Is synctex taken into account in context?

Alain

[parent not found: <mailman.2169.1255108913.3069.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
* installing minimals
@ 2010-09-17 15:49 Charles Doherty