* How to update/install minimals
@ 2009-05-01  9:37 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2009-05-01  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hallo,

I wanted to update a minimal-installation under windows.

The first attempt was to invoke:

first-detup --keep (found at the garden)

The result was the following output, nothing else happend:
receiving incremental file list
./
mtxrun.lua

sent 2897 bytes  received 2103 bytes  2000.00 bytes/sec
total size is 4983352  speedup is 996.67
MTXrun | fileio: variable SELFAUTOLOC set to D:/context/bin
MTXrun | fileio: variable SELFAUTODIR set to D:/context
MTXrun | fileio: variable SELFAUTOPARENT set to D:
MTXrun | fileio: variable TEXMFCNF set to
{$SELFAUTODIR,$SELFAUTOPARENT}{,{/share,}/texmf{-
local,.local,}/web2c}
MTXrun | fileio: no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
MTXrun | using script: ./bin/mtx-update.lua

D:\context\bin\mtxrun.lua:1611: attempt to call field 'env' (a table
value)

When you want to use context, you need to initialize the tree with:

  D:\context\tex\setuptex.bat D:\context\tex

You can associate this command with a shortcut to the cmd prompt.

What is the field 'env'?

The second attempt was the reinstall context. I downloaded:

http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-setup-mswin.zip

to a new directory and started first-setup.
But the result was identical to the first.

What I am doing wrong?

Wolfgang

* Re: How to update/install minimals
@ 2009-05-01 10:27 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-05-01 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:37, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I wanted to update a minimal-installation under windows.
>
> The first attempt was to invoke:
>
> first-detup --keep (found at the garden)
>
> D:\context\bin\mtxrun.lua:1611: attempt to call field 'env' (a table
> value)

I fixed it yesterday, but somehow a broken version appears to be there again.

There are some problems with internet connection (even though it's
much better than usually, you can probably imagine dozens of TeXies
downloading TeX Live or video or whatever other files on relatively
slow internet connection), so it takes quite some time to fix the
version on PRAGMA.

Mojca