* missing metafun graphics in mkii
@ 2009-06-08 11:11 Mojca Miklavec
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-06-08 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Does anyone else experience problems using metafun graphics in mkii?
Did I miss some runwhatevertrue switch somewhere? Are the stubs in
minimals incompatible in some way? At least live.contextgarden.net
seems to suffer as well.

Minimal example:

\startMPcode
draw fullcircle scaled 3cm;
\stopMPcode

If I run the code with some older ConTeXt then the code starts working
again with a recent ConTeXt, but recent ConTeXt doesn't generate the
   jobname-mpgraph.1
file at all. Once compiling the document with an older version, the
file is generated and it starts working again. But this behaviour
breaks my module :(

Thanks,
    Mojca

* Re: missing metafun graphics in mkii
@ 2009-06-08 11:30 ` Peter Münster
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Peter Münster @ 2009-06-08 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Does anyone else experience problems using metafun graphics in mkii?
> Did I miss some runwhatevertrue switch somewhere? Are the stubs in
> minimals incompatible in some way? At least live.contextgarden.net
> seems to suffer as well.

No problem here with latest minimals...

Versions:

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (Web2C 7.5.7)
 \write18 enabled.
 (/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/web2c/natural.tcx)
entering extended mode
(./test.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2009.06.07 14:02 MKII  fmt: 2009.6.8  int: english/english

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: missing metafun graphics in mkii
@ 2009-06-08 11:38   ` Zhichu Chen
From: Zhichu Chen @ 2009-06-08 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I don't quite sure if it's the same problem with you guys
but there's a weird thing that after I updated to the current
beta release, I have to run "texmfstart texexec" twice to get
the metapost figures.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Peter Münster<pmlists@free.fr> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Does anyone else experience problems using metafun graphics in mkii?
>> Did I miss some runwhatevertrue switch somewhere? Are the stubs in
>> minimals incompatible in some way? At least live.contextgarden.net
>> seems to suffer as well.
>
> No problem here with latest minimals...
>
> Versions:
>
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (Web2C 7.5.7)
>  \write18 enabled.
>  (/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/web2c/natural.tcx)
> entering extended mode
> (./test.tex
>
> ConTeXt  ver: 2009.06.07 14:02 MKII  fmt: 2009.6.8  int: english/english
>
> Cheers, Peter
>
> --
> Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

Best Regards
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com
                                               | www.sinap.ac.cn

* Re: missing metafun graphics in mkii
@ 2009-06-08 11:43 ` Peter Rolf
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-06-08 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone else experience problems using metafun graphics in mkii?
> Did I miss some runwhatevertrue switch somewhere? Are the stubs in
> minimals incompatible in some way? At least live.contextgarden.net
> seems to suffer as well.
>
> Minimal example:
>
> \startMPcode
> draw fullcircle scaled 3cm;
> \stopMPcode
>
> If I run the code with some older ConTeXt then the code starts working
> again with a recent ConTeXt, but recent ConTeXt doesn't generate the
>    jobname-mpgraph.1
> file at all. Once compiling the document with an older version, the
> file is generated and it starts working again. But this behaviour
> breaks my module :(

no problems with mp here...

ConTeXt version: 2009.06.04 22:20
MetaPost 1.202
pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.10-2.2 (Web2C 2009)

Best wishes, Peter

@ 2009-06-08 11:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-06-08 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone else experience problems using metafun graphics in mkii?
> Did I miss some runwhatevertrue switch somewhere? Are the stubs in
> minimals incompatible in some way? At least live.contextgarden.net
> seems to suffer as well.
>
> Minimal example:
>
> \startMPcode
> draw fullcircle scaled 3cm;
> \stopMPcode
>
> If I run the code with some older ConTeXt then the code starts working
> again with a recent ConTeXt, but recent ConTeXt doesn't generate the
>    jobname-mpgraph.1
> file at all. Once compiling the document with an older version, the
> file is generated and it starts working again. But this behaviour
> breaks my module :(

there has been an issue with texexec and mp cleanup ... do you use the
latest texexec?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: missing metafun graphics in mkii
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-08 12:37 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-06-08 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 13:11, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone else experience problems using metafun graphics in mkii?
> Did I miss some runwhatevertrue switch somewhere? Are the stubs in
> minimals incompatible in some way? At least live.contextgarden.net
> seems to suffer as well.

Mea culpa ...
    Fatal mem file error; metafun.mem was written by an older version
That should have costed me two beers at least.

Since texexec doesn't intercept this error message gets hidden too well.

But then ... the garden needs to be fixed as well and it's not the same problem.

@ 2009-06-08 14:25   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-06-08 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Mea culpa ...

can happen

>     Fatal mem file error; metafun.mem was written by an older version

normally texexec --make would show at least something, as it remakes the
metafun format

> Since texexec doesn't intercept this error message gets hidden too well.
>
> But then ... the garden needs to be fixed as well and it's not the same problem.

hm,

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* metafun/graph \times error (mkiv)
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-12-18 13:12 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2009-12-18 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Metapost/graph currently does not handle scientific notation correctly in
mkiv:

-> 1.5imes106

(and does not work at all in mkii)

Alan

%% minimal example:

\usemodule[graph]

\starttext

\startMPcode
draw begingraph(12cm,12cm) ;
	setcoords(linear,linear) ;
	setrange(0,0,365,"2000000") ;
	endgraph ;
\stopMPcode

\stoptext

* Re: metafun/graph \times error (mkiv)
@ 2009-12-18 22:04   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-18 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> Metapost/graph currently does not handle scientific notation correctly in
> mkiv:
>
> -> 1.5imes106
>
> (and does not work at all in mkii)
>
> Alan
>
> %% minimal example:
>
> \usemodule[graph]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startMPcode
> draw begingraph(12cm,12cm) ;
> 	setcoords(linear,linear) ;
> 	setrange(0,0,365,"2000000") ;
> 	endgraph ;
> \stopMPcode
>
> \stoptext

patch this in m-graph.mkiv: \ -> \\

         return "\\times10^{"..(s:gsub("%+*0*","")).."}"

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE