* Problem with amsmath, etc.
@ 2009-06-11  7:03 Rene Richard van Hassel
From: Rene Richard van Hassel @ 2009-06-11  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello members,

there is some problem. After I changed to Ubuntu version 9.04,
ConTeXt is not working anymore as I expected.
I'm using the following modules:

### Begin: ###
% always used in pdflatex

\usemodule[latexsym,amsmath,amssymb,amsfonts,graphics,epsfig,makeidx,subfigure]

\usemodule[tikz]

% module for flowchart

\usemodule[chart]

% use of bib module

\usemodule[bib]

\usemodule[bibltx]

\setupbibtex[database=OLNbib]

%\setuppublications[numbering=yes, sorttype=bbl,criterium=all]

\setuppublications[numbering=yes, sorttype=bbl]

\usemodule[newmat]

\usemodule[amsl]

%\usemodule[nath] % not use this module! amsl doesn't work anymore.

%\definebodyfont[ams]

% Figures and more

% USED IN example pgfmanual

\usemodule[xxcolor]

\usemodule[pifont]

\usemodule[latin1][inputenc]

\usemodule[version=latest][pgf]
### End. ###

But after the new installation ConTeXt cannot find
the modules amsmath and latexsym and more of these
modules, you can read on the first line.
What to do?? (newmat is not an option!!)
What I have to change such that ConTeXt find these
packages, de style-files of amsmath, etc.,

greetings,

Rene'

* Re: Problem with amsmath, etc.
@ 2009-06-11 17:46 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-06-11 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, Rene Richard van Hassel wrote:

> Hello members,
>

> there is some problem. After I changed to Ubuntu version 9.04,
> ConTeXt is not working anymore as I expected.
> I'm using the following modules:
>
> ### Begin: ###
> % always used in pdflatex
>
> \usemodule[latexsym,amsmath,amssymb,amsfonts,graphics,epsfig,makeidx,subfigure]

AFAIK, none of these modules ever existed.

> \usemodule[tikz]
>
> % module for flowchart
>
> \usemodule[chart]
>
> % use of bib module
>
> \usemodule[bib]
>
> \usemodule[bibltx]
>
> \setupbibtex[database=OLNbib]
>
> %\setuppublications[numbering=yes, sorttype=bbl,criterium=all]
>
> \setuppublications[numbering=yes, sorttype=bbl]
>
> \usemodule[newmat]
>
> \usemodule[amsl]
>
> %\usemodule[nath] % not use this module! amsl doesn't work anymore.
>
> %\definebodyfont[ams]
>
> % Figures and more
>
> % USED IN example pgfmanual
>
> \usemodule[xxcolor]
>
> \usemodule[pifont]
>
> \usemodule[latin1][inputenc]
>
> \usemodule[version=latest][pgf]
> ### End. ###
>
> But after the new installation ConTeXt cannot find
> the modules amsmath and latexsym and more of these
> modules, you can read on the first line.
> What to do?? (newmat is not an option!!)

What features do you really need. ConTeXt now has in-built support for
many amsmath environments. See
http://dl.contextgarden.net/myway/context-latex-math.pdf

Regarding latexsym, which symbols do you find missing from ConTeXt. It
should be straight forward to add them to ConTeXt.

Aditya

* Re: Problem with amsmath, etc.
@ 2009-06-11 21:44 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-06-11 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 09:03, Rene Richard van Hassel wrote:
> Hello members,
>
> \usemodule[latin1][inputenc]

I don't know about others, but this looks like a 100% literal
translation from LaTeX that has probably never worked in ConTeXt (but
probably didn't complain too loud either). This would be
\enableregime[latin1] in ConTeXt dialect.

Mojca