From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: bold math
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:12:33 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Hans,

I wanted to use

\definetypeface [boldmath] [mm] [boldmath] [latin-modern] [default]
\starttext
$\boldsymbol θ$
\stoptext

but it seems to fail in mkii and has no influence in mkiv. (The
workaround in mkii is to use \theta instead of θ, in mkiv it makes no
difference.)

1. Is there any simple patch that could make θ work in mkii? (I'm
working with mkii at the moment)
2. I have no idea what to do in mkiv case. Some of symbols (including
bold greek) exist is the same font, some don't and might require
another ("bolder") font. Maybe fixing the behaviour of \boldsymbol and
a few mappings for greek could be enogh to start with.

I have tried to enter "MATHEMATICAL BOLD ITALIC SMALL THETA" directly
with LM, but it didn't work (probably there are some mappings still
missing, but it's a bit uncomfortable to type proper mathematical
symbols anyway as editor is somehow lacking the characters and
keyboard would have to be reconfigured heavily).

Mojca