* module sync'ing
@ 2009-08-04 16:32 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2009-08-04 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt list

Hello,

How should module contributions (t-vim, t-french, t-letter, etc.) find
their way to the minimals today?

(There are so many possibilities, I'm a bit lost:
modules.contextgarden.net, svn, git, ctan, rsync, email to Mojca, email to
Hans, and so on... ;)

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: module sync'ing
@ 2009-08-04 16:47 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-08-04 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Peter Münster wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How should module contributions (t-vim, t-french, t-letter, etc.) find
> their way to the minimals today?

first-setup.sh --extras="t-vim,t-french"

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#Installing_third_party_modules

Aditya

* Re: module sync'ing
@ 2009-08-04 17:16 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-08-04 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 18:32, Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How should module contributions (t-vim, t-french, t-letter, etc.) find
> their way to the minimals today?
>
> (There are so many possibilities, I'm a bit lost:
> modules.contextgarden.net, svn, git, ctan, rsync, email to Mojca, email to
> Hans, and so on... ;)

Aditya has answered you, but just as explanation:

1.) Authors should update modules.contextgarden.net - this is the
primary and definite source (however, I dislike the current interface;
we'll force Patrick to change at least something here, preferrably use
some version control)

2.a) There's a (non-public) mirror of dl.contextgarden.net/modules
that syncs all the modules that should go to CTAN (and renames them at
the same time); CTAN team then syncs automatically once per day. (Read
as: if author updates modules.contextgarden.net, this should
proliferate to CTAN in < 26 hours + one extra day for secondary
mirrors)

2.b) Minimals sync from the same source
(http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/modules/) at "random"
times.

3.a) TeX Live and MikTeX sync from CTAN automatically (once per day?).

3.b) Users of minimals can use the normal rsync route. Once you use
--extras="t-modulename" it should be updating on regular bases from
that moment on (I just figured out that we currently have no interface
to remove module, but interface needs revision anyway.)

If someone writes a new module someone (me) needs to set up 2.a) and
2.b) to take the new module into account. But of course you may use
whatever way you prefer to fetch your favourite module. You can put it
to texmf-local or texmf-whatever (whatever should not be "context" or
"os-name") or to TEXFHOME (I have a feeling that we have set up that
once, but I'm not 100% sure).

Mojca

* Re: module sync'ing
@ 2009-08-04 19:36   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2009-08-04 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> 1.) Authors should update modules.contextgarden.net - this is the
> primary and definite source

Thank you for this confirmation!  Sometimes it took a very long time, that
minimals got synchronised with modules.contextgarden.net, so I had some
doubt...
Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2009-08-04 19:59     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-08-04 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

As I said:

> 2.b) Minimals sync from the same source
> (http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/modules/) at "random"
> times.

There's a loooooooooooooooong script tha synchronizes everything and
it actually only gets executed when something changes (that is:
ConTeXt or binaries, I'm not even sure if the second is still true).
It doesn't watch for changes in modules or CTAN.

I have added a cron job to update everything once per day now (scripts
need to be rewritten anyway).

If you need something to be updated, you can always drop me a private
mail and hope that I will read it before the script does :) After all
... if enough people "annoy me" :) I'll figure out that I need to set
the cronjobs more often.

Mojca