* publications and custom author separator
@ 2009-08-30 23:55 Črt Gorup
From: Črt Gorup @ 2009-08-30 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I am trying to replace ('in' instead of 'and') a  separator between
the last two authors for every article, but I am facing a semi
success. My approach was to set the variable finalnamesep in
\setuppublicationlist. At the moment it is working only when there are
three or more authors per entry.

This example with 5 authors is ok, there is 'in' between last two
authors.

Rong-En Fan, Kai-Wei Chang, Cho-Jui Hsieh, Xiang-Rui Wang in Chih-Jen
Lin, LIBLINEAR: A library for large linear classification v Journal of
Machine
Learning Research, 2008.

This example has only 2 authors, there should be 'in' instead of 'and'.

T. M. J. Fruchterman and E. M. Reingold, Graph drawing by force-directed
placement v Software: Practice and Experience, št. 11, zv. 21, str.
1129-1164,
1991.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks,

Crt

[-- Attachment #1.2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: publications and custom author separator
@ 2009-08-31  1:01 ` David Rogers
From: David Rogers @ 2009-08-31  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 16:55, Črt Gorup<crt.gorup@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to replace ('in' instead of 'and') a  separator between the last
> two authors for every article, but I am facing a semi success. My approach
> was to set the variable finalnamesep in \setuppublicationlist. At the moment
> it is working only when there are three or more authors per entry.
>
> This example with 5 authors is ok, there is 'in' between last two authors.
>
> Rong-En Fan, Kai-Wei Chang, Cho-Jui Hsieh, Xiang-Rui Wang in Chih-Jen
> Lin, LIBLINEAR: A library for large linear classification v Journal of
> Machine
> Learning Research, 2008.
>

> This example has only 2 authors, there should be 'in' instead of 'and'.
>
> T. M. J. Fruchterman and E. M. Reingold, Graph drawing by force-directed
> placement v Software: Practice and Experience, št. 11, zv. 21, str.
> 1129-1164,
> 1991.
>

> Does anybody have any idea?

I believe that "in" is only used when the name after "in" is an editor
- not an author. With two authors (or many authors) but no editor,
then "and" is correct.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

David

* Re: publications and custom author separator
@ 2009-08-31 13:10 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-08-31 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 01:55, Črt Gorup wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to replace ('in' instead of 'and') a  separator between the last
> two authors for every article, but I am facing a semi success. My approach
> was to set the variable finalnamesep in \setuppublicationlist. At the moment
> it is working only when there are three or more authors per entry.
>
> This example with 5 authors is ok, there is 'in' between last two authors.
>
> Rong-En Fan, Kai-Wei Chang, Cho-Jui Hsieh, Xiang-Rui Wang in Chih-Jen
> Lin, LIBLINEAR: A library for large linear classification v Journal of
> Machine
> Learning Research, 2008.
>

> This example has only 2 authors, there should be 'in' instead of 'and'.
>
> T. M. J. Fruchterman and E. M. Reingold, Graph drawing by force-directed
> placement v Software: Practice and Experience, št. 11, zv. 21, str.
> 1129-1164,
> 1991.
>

> Does anybody have any idea?

There's a long list of adjustments that one needs to make. See
bibl-num.tex or bibl-yourcitingstyle.tex for example (I might be that
I'm looking into the old module, so don't take my word for it). There
are lots of places such as:

\setupcite
       [author,year]
       [\c!andtext={ and },
        \c!otherstext={ et al.},
        \c!pubsep={, },
        \c!lastpubsep={ and },
        \c!compress=\v!no,
        \c!inbetween={ },
        \c!left={(},
        \c!right={)}]

\setupcite
       [authoryear]
       [\c!andtext={ and },
        \c!otherstext={ et al.},
        \c!pubsep={, },
        \c!lastpubsep={ and },
        \c!compress=\v!no,
        \c!inbetween={ },
        \c!left={(},
        \c!right={)}]

(you would normally leave the \c! out of course).

But the idea is to rewrite that file completely (see bibl-num-fr.tex
for example), so that you can also change "page" into "str" etc.

If you have done that already or planning to do it or if you have half
an hour of free time in the following days ... let me know. I would be
interested to get the file translated as well (though I would only
need it until Friday or not at all for the next few years :).

Mojca