* Problem with TrueType MS Mincho, MKIV
@ 2009-10-23  6:16 Bryant Eastham
From: Bryant Eastham @ 2009-10-23  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1882 bytes --]

All-

On Windows XP, latest contextminimal:

\definefont[Japanese][msmincho]

\Japanese

\starttext

Hello

\stoptext

Yields:

(mincho.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2009.08.19 17:10 MKIV  fmt: 2009.10.22  int:
english/English

[snip]

load otf | loading: c:/windows/fonts/msmincho.ttf

! Emergency stop.

\lowleveldefinefont ...dimexpr \textface \relax )}

                                                  \edef \somefontspec
{at \s...

\dododefinefont ...inefont {#2}\rawfontidentifier

                                                  \csname
\rawfontidentifier...

l.2 \Japanese

access violation

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Bug, or my lack of understanding?

-Bryant

Panasonic Electric Works Laboratory of America - SLC Lab
4525 So. Wasatch Blvd., Suite 100, 84124
Salt Lake City, UT 84124

T 801.993.7124
F 801.993.7260
beastham@pewla.us.pewg.pansonic.com

Bryant Eastham
Chief Architect

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***: This e-mail and any attachments may
contain information which is confidential, proprietary, trade secret,
privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is the
property of Panasonic Electric Works Laboratory of America, Inc., and is
solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible or
delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain copy or
disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender and the Office of General
Counsel at generalcounsel@us.pewg.panasonic.com
<mailto:generalcounsel@us.pewg.panasonic.com>  immediately by return
e-mail and delete it from your computer.

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 10030 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: image001.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 3779 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.3: image003.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 2360 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.4: image004.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 168 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.5: image005.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 168 bytes --]

* Re: Problem with TrueType MS Mincho, MKIV
@ 2009-10-23  6:57 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-23  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bryant Eastham wrote:

> Bug, or my lack of understanding?

Bug. There is a luatex fix in the repository already
(there is a small optimization in the font that I
handled badly).

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Problem with TrueType MS Mincho, MKIV
@ 2009-10-23  7:41   ` Bryant Eastham
From: Bryant Eastham @ 2009-10-23  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you for your quick response! What is the process for getting the
fix onto my machine? Just re-run the installer?

Thanks again!

Panasonic Electric Works Laboratory of America - SLC Lab
4525 So. Wasatch Blvd., Suite 100, 84124
Salt Lake City, UT 84124

T 801.993.7124
F 801.993.7269
beastham@pewla.us.pewg.pansonic.com
Bryant Eastham
Chief Architect

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***: This e-mail and any attachments may
contain information which is confidential, proprietary, trade secret,
privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is the
property of Panasonic Electric Works Laboratory of America, Inc., and
is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible or
delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain copy or
disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender and the Office of General
Counsel at generalcounsel@us.pewg.panasonic.com immediately by return
e-mail and delete it from your computer.

@ 2009-10-23  7:51     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-10-23  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bryant Eastham wrote:
> Thank you for your quick response! What is the process for getting the
> fix onto my machine? Just re-run the installer?

Not sure how the minimals are syncing the repository at the
moment, you may have to wait for my next beta luatex release
(early next week).

Of course you can compile from source as well, but that takes
a bit of study when you are not used to compiling executables
yourself.

Best wishes,
Taco

@ 2009-10-23 11:50       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-10-23 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 09:51, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Bryant Eastham wrote:
>> Thank you for your quick response! What is the process for getting the
>> fix onto my machine? Just re-run the installer?
>
> Not sure how the minimals are syncing the repository at the
> moment, you may have to wait for my next beta luatex release
> (early next week).
>
> Of course you can compile from source as well, but that takes
> a bit of study when you are not used to compiling executables
> yourself.

Alternatively you can download
http://www.w32tex.org/current/luatex-dev-w32.tar.bz2 and replace the
dll files in texmf-mswin.