* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 64, Issue 107
       [not found] <mailman.174.1256940820.22155.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-10-30 22:40 ` Michael Green
From: Michael Green @ 2009-10-30 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>> They released a patch for this problem in April 2009. Specifically,
>> they
>> patched the binary files dvips and pdftex
>>
>> Have these patches been applied to the versions of dvips and pdftex
>> in the
>> minimals?
>
> Not for dvips for a simple reason. It's not in minimals. The sources
> for minimals contain the latest stable pdftex branch (that's returning
> errors during compilation at the moment).

That's curious. There's a file called dvips in my minimals-context/tex/
temf-osx-intel/bin/

It seems to be dated 9/17/07

The version of pdftex is newer than the patched one: July 22 2009 vs.
March 31 2009. I'm going to assume it's OK.

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> Question: is this still a problem for luatex 0.44? (Please say no).
>
> I applied a patch tagged 'Melissa O'Neill' on March 22 (included as
> of luatex-0.36.0), which I think is the one this is about.
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

That looks right. Thank you!

* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 64, Issue 107
@ 2009-10-31 10:06   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-10-31 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 23:40, Michael Green wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> They released a patch for this problem in April 2009. Specifically, they
>
> patched the binary files dvips and pdftex
>
> Have these patches been applied to the versions of dvips and pdftex in the
>
> minimals?
>
> Not for dvips for a simple reason. It's not in minimals. The sources
> for minimals contain the latest stable pdftex branch (that's returning
> errors during compilation at the moment).
>
> That's curious. There's a file called dvips in my
> minimals-context/tex/temf-osx-intel/bin/
> It seems to be dated 9/17/07

Sorry. In that case I take my word back. It may be in minimals, but I
would be surprised if it worked at all. (Maybe I just forgot to kick
it out to obsolete.)

Mojca