* path juggling in mtxrun or my bad carma again?
@ 2009-12-01 15:29 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-12-01 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have one version of gnuplot in ~/bin/gnuplot (the one with support
for context terminal) and one in /opt/local/bin/gnuplot. My PATH is
set to
    ~/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin
inside
    .bash_profile

The problem is that now mtxrun calls the second gnuplot in
/opt/local/bin/gnuplot and complains about missing context terminal.
If I run gnuplot from the same shell it works fine and calls the right
gnuplot. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks,
    Mojca

* Re: path juggling in mtxrun or my bad carma again?
@ 2009-12-01 15:32 ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2009-12-01 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

>     ~/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin

  Is the "~" in your PATH a literal "~"?  mtxrun might have problems with that,
it's always better to use the full path to your home directory.

	Arthur

* Re: path juggling in mtxrun or my bad carma again?
@ 2009-12-01 16:00   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-12-01 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 16:32, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>>     ~/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin
>
>  Is the "~" in your PATH a literal "~"?  mtxrun might have problems with that,
> it's always better to use the full path to your home directory.

Hmmm ...
    export PATH="~/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH"

I have no idea who inserted the quotation marks here (and why). If I
remove the quotation marks then it works without a problem. But I have
never noticed that because it has always worked when executed from
bash.

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca