From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: problem with texmf-local on Vista
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:28:51 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 15:23, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
> Hi Mojca,
>
> I recommend we wait until the issue with executables referenced in my
> and I have a feeling that texexec.exe may behave differently, once I can
> execute it. (Tell Hans to test it on Vista, as he seemed to jump to the
> conclusion that I was using XP).

Hans works on Vista. I tested Taco's executables on Windows 7 and they
seem to work ok, but I can confirm that what's currently in
distribution is broken on windows. (Which means that Hans either needs
to take Taco's executables or completely remove them from distribution
and I'll add them in minimals separately.) But then again ... I forgot
to test texexec.exe, luatools.exe and mtxrun.exe run just fine. (2GB
of ram hardly suffices to run windows inside VM since OSX with Safari
alone takes it all, but I'll try to test again later.)

I could use ugly patches now to remove the broken executables and
replace them with newer ones, but I hope that Hans will fix that issue
soon enough.

> However, my setups have been transferred directly from my iMac, and the test
> document compiles using gwTeX and an 18-month old version of Context.

18 months most probably refers to TeX Live 2007 ... the fonts should
still work, but anything is possible.

There are two easy things to check if the tree is guilty:
- either copy everything to current directory
- or copy everything to texmf-context and run mktexlrs

If it starts working then you may judge the tree structure, else it
must be some other problem.

Mojca