* Integrating ConTeXt into TL2009
@ 2010-01-02  7:43 Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-01-02  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi.

I'm newbie with ConTeXt.

I followed instruction from contextgarden.net and integrated ConTeXt
current into TL2009 (instruction talked about TL2008)
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV

but that didn't work (simple example found on
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian

gives not russian letters).

Then I setup ConTeXt minimals following instruction on page
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals

and that installation works fine on the same example.

So my question: is a way to intergrate ConTeXt (current or the same as
ConTeXt minimals provides) into TL2009 (distributed by tug)?

I noticed that (TeX Live distribution root in /usr/local/opt/texlive,
ConTeXt minimals root in /usr/local/opt/texlive/context):
$ ls -lA /usr/local/opt/texlive/bin/x86_64-linux/luatex
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lomov users 4689064 Дек 26 02:39
/usr/local/opt/texlive/bin/x86_64-linux/luatex

$ ls -lA /usr/local/opt/texlive/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/luatex
-rwxr-xr-x 1 lomov users 4689064 Дек 26 02:39
/usr/local/opt/texlive/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/luatex

$ md5sum /usr/local/opt/texlive/{bin/x86_64-linux,context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin}/luatex
b59a929dfe2aff9ace6becad5120a340  /usr/local/opt/texlive/bin/x86_64-linux/luatex
b59a929dfe2aff9ace6becad5120a340
/usr/local/opt/texlive/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/luatex

so seems that both executables are the same (I think that failure of
my example in first case was because TL2009 has older files that
ConTeXt requires and ConTeXt minimals has newer version of them).

* Re: Integrating ConTeXt into TL2009
@ 2010-01-02  8:21 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-01-02  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm newbie with ConTeXt.
>
> I followed instruction from contextgarden.net and integrated ConTeXt
> current into TL2009 (instruction talked about TL2008)
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV

I think none of the regular experts has tried to do that yet, I just
added the TL2009 note as a stopgap (as I haven't had time yet to do a
fresh install of TL2009). Either that, or nobody has gotten around
to fixing that page yet.

Anyway, if you can and want to still go back to the non-working version
of your installation, then it would help if you post the exact input
file you used and the log that was the result of that.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Integrating ConTeXt into TL2009
@ 2010-01-02 19:45 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-01-02 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 08:43, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm newbie with ConTeXt.
>
> I followed instruction from contextgarden.net and integrated ConTeXt
> current into TL2009 (instruction talked about TL2008)
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV
>
> but that didn't work (simple example found on
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian
>
> gives not russian letters).
>
> Then I setup ConTeXt minimals following instruction on page
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals
>
> and that installation works fine on the same example.
>
> So my question: is a way to intergrate ConTeXt (current or the same as
> ConTeXt minimals provides) into TL2009 (distributed by tug)?

It might help to see the log of your run.

Mojca