* beta
@ 2010-01-26 17:57 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-01-26 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

The latest beta has a few more fonts defined in type-otf.mkiv. YOu can
do things like

\setupbodyfont[mscore,ss,10pt]
\setupbodyfont[liberation,rm,10pt]

as mscore and liberations are yet unknown the related typescript will be
loaded automatically (new feature).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* minimals: kfreebsd-i686 (debian)
@ 2010-01-26 19:31 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-01-26 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I just installed kfreebsd-i686 Debian/GNU. It is now officially supported as
core architecture by Debian as an alternative to the linux kernel, but is not
yet supported by the ConTeXt minimals.

luatex 0.50.0-1 is available as a standard debian package on this
architecture.

I downloaded luatex/trunk from svn and it compiles and runs correctly:
$ build/texk/web2c/luatex --version
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.50.0-2010012620

Who should I contact (or will contact me) to see about adding this
architecture to the minimals distribution?

Alan

* Re: minimals: kfreebsd-i686 (debian)
@ 2010-01-26 20:25   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-01-26 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 20:31, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed kfreebsd-i686 Debian/GNU. It is now officially supported as
> core architecture by Debian as an alternative to the linux kernel, but is not
> yet supported by the ConTeXt minimals.
>
> luatex 0.50.0-1 is available as a standard debian package on this
> architecture.
>
> I downloaded luatex/trunk from svn and it compiles and runs correctly:
> $ build/texk/web2c/luatex --version
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.50.0-2010012620
>
> Who should I contact (or will contact me) to see about adding this
> architecture to the minimals distribution?

Me, but I won't be online until Thursday and even then I'll be 100%
occupied until Monday.

Try to do
   svn co http://svn.contextgarden.net/minimals-src/build-binaries
try to fix platform.sh and then run do_all.sh (but before that comment
out the line that tries to commit the binaries). Once you do that,
you'll be able to commit the binaries after I adapt code at a few
places. Also, we need to agree on platform name.

Mojca

* Re: minimals: kfreebsd-i686 (debian)
@ 2010-02-19 13:23   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-02-19 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 20:31, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed kfreebsd-i686 Debian/GNU. It is now officially supported as
> core architecture by Debian as an alternative to the linux kernel, but is not
> yet supported by the ConTeXt minimals.

Eeeeeem ... while trying to add the architecture, I noticed that we
don't have the basic TeX Live binaries (which has never been the case
before).

Alan - you'll need to compile TeX Live tree as well, sorry for that
... (and put it somewhere online where I can fetch it; if you don't
have any other option, let me know).

http://www.tug.org/texlive/svn/

You may also try to ask if it makes sense to add the architecture(s)
to TeX Live, but in that case you need to find a maintainer as well
(you?).

Mojca

* Re: minimals: kfreebsd-i686 (debian)
@ 2010-02-21 11:16     ` Vedran Miletić
From: Vedran Miletić @ 2010-02-21 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/2/19 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:
> Eeeeeem ... while trying to add the architecture, I noticed that we
> don't have the basic TeX Live binaries (which has never been the case
> before).
>
> Alan - you'll need to compile TeX Live tree as well, sorry for that
> ... (and put it somewhere online where I can fetch it; if you don't
> have any other option, let me know).
>
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/svn/
>
> You may also try to ask if it makes sense to add the architecture(s)
> to TeX Live, but in that case you need to find a maintainer as well
> (you?).
>
> Mojca

AFAIK, Debian provides complete TeX Live on all platforms. Can't he
just copy the binaries over?

--
Vedran Miletić

* Re: minimals: kfreebsd-i686 (debian)
@ 2010-02-21 12:45       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-02-21 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/2/21 Vedran Miletić <rivanvx@gmail.com>:
> 2010/2/19 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:
>> Eeeeeem ... while trying to add the architecture, I noticed that we
>> don't have the basic TeX Live binaries (which has never been the case
>> before).
>>
>> Alan - you'll need to compile TeX Live tree as well, sorry for that
>> ... (and put it somewhere online where I can fetch it; if you don't
>> have any other option, let me know).
>>
>> http://www.tug.org/texlive/svn/
>>
>> You may also try to ask if it makes sense to add the architecture(s)
>> to TeX Live, but in that case you need to find a maintainer as well
>> (you?).
>>
>> Mojca
>
> AFAIK, Debian provides complete TeX Live on all platforms. Can't he
> just copy the binaries over?

No, because Debian has Debian-specific dependencies.

But Alan already compiled the binaries and sent the link to TL
(building) mailing list. I took them for minimals, but it depends on
TL team whether they will add the platform or not.

Mojca