* bookmarks point to page, not to section start
@ 2010-02-26 13:09 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-02-26 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans,

I suspect that bookmarks to sections point to pages only, not to the
exact position where the sections start.

I have another document generated with Word and when I click to it,
the viewer (Preview.app) goes straight to section start, while when I
generate the document with ConTeXt, it only goes to the page, not to
exact section start.

The behaviour seems to be the same in both MKII and MKIV (MKII only
doesn't respect the accented characters; but I understand the pain of
recoding).

I'm using the following code to place the bookmarks:

\setupinteraction
	[state=start]
\setupinteractionscreen
	[option=bookmark]
\placebookmarks
	[section,subsection,subsubsection]
	[section,subsection]

\starttext
\dorecurse{20}{\section{title} \input tufte}
\stoptext

Mojca

PS: I can send a sample word-generated document off-list for
comparison if needed.

* Re: bookmarks point to page, not to section start
@ 2010-03-02 11:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-03-02 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26-2-2010 14:09, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> The behaviour seems to be the same in both MKII and MKIV (MKII only
> doesn't respect the accented characters; but I understand the pain of
> recoding).

technically mkii should be able to to the right accents when you enable
unicode pdf output but by default it's doing pdfdoc which is somewhat
limited; chinese can have chinese bookmarks even in mkii but why bother
about mkii and unicode ...

> I'm using the following code to place the bookmarks:
>
> \setupinteraction
> 	[state=start]
> \setupinteractionscreen
> 	[option=bookmark]
> \placebookmarks
> 	[section,subsection,subsubsection]
> 	[section,subsection]
>
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{20}{\section{title} \input tufte}
> \stoptext

ok, here's a little secret

\setupinteraction
   [focus=width]

don't tell anybody as i consider it useless (in dviwindo the cursor
positioned itself, not so in acrobat)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-03-04 16:03   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-03-04 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:00, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 26-2-2010 14:09, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> The behaviour seems to be the same in both MKII and MKIV (MKII only
>> doesn't respect the accented characters; but I understand the pain of
>> recoding).
>
> technically mkii should be able to to the right accents when you enable
> unicode pdf output but by default it's doing pdfdoc which is somewhat
> limited; chinese can have chinese bookmarks even in mkii but why bother
> about mkii and unicode ...

MKIV still happens to have problems from time to time ... so it's
better to have a backup.

>> I'm using the following code to place the bookmarks:
>>
>> \setupinteraction
>>        [state=start]
>> \setupinteractionscreen
>>        [option=bookmark]
>> \placebookmarks
>>        [section,subsection,subsubsection]
>>        [section,subsection]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \dorecurse{20}{\section{title} \input tufte}
>> \stoptext
>
> ok, here's a little secret
>
> \setupinteraction
>  [focus=width]