* [NTG-context] comment on the wiki
@ 2024-06-12 16:42 Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-06-12 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

Dear wiki maintainers (Taco at others),

I have found in the user creation log:

05:40, 7 June 2024 User account FelicaEnyeart34 was created
22:59, 26 May 2024 User account NonaAlber414387 was created
04:33, 26 May 2024 User account Tony83264596 was created
15:17, 24 May 2024 User account WallyGarth was created

I‘m afraid these four users may be only spamming accounts.

I don’t know whether it is worth discussing this issue, but I have two
questions:

Is there any way in which regular wiki contributions may help in
removing the accounts or at least all the pages generated with these
accounts?

Is there any way to fix the display of user contributions (such as mine,
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Special:Contributions/Ousia)?

I have just discovered that the problem is to search for contributions
in all namespaces (set by default), which triggers the error message:

  Namespaces with negative values are not supported.

If main namespace is selected, everything works fine.

I wonder whether it would be possible to set the main namespace as
default to search for user contributions.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: comment on the wiki
@ 2024-06-13  2:17 ` Max Chernoff
From: Max Chernoff @ 2024-06-13  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pablo Rodriguez, ntg-context

Hi Pablo (and others),

On Wed, 2024-06-12 at 18:42 +0200, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Is there any way in which regular wiki contributions may help in
> removing the accounts or at least all the pages generated with these
> accounts?

I also don't have deletion privileges, but I went through the recent
pages and deleted the spammy content. These edits should all show up in
"Recent Changes", so _hopefully_ this makes it easier for the Wiki
admins to delete. (If removing the spam makes it harder for the admins
to delete it, please let me know and I won't do it again).

Thanks,
-- Max

@ 2024-06-13  5:11   ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-06-13  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 6/13/24 04:17, Max Chernoff wrote:
> Hi Pablo (and others),
>
> On Wed, 2024-06-12 at 18:42 +0200, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> Is there any way in which regular wiki contributions may help in
>> removing the accounts or at least all the pages generated with these
>> accounts?
>
> I also don't have deletion privileges, but I went through the recent
> pages and deleted the spammy content.

After sending my message, I saw that the Gardener group seems to have
permissions to delete pages (not sure about user pages).

I wonder whether this may constitute a formal request (for me and Max
[always when he agrees]) to be considered as candidates for Gardeners.

I know that this is not a privilege, but I would like to be able to
remove spam from the wiki.