* \startcomment...\stopcomment with XML processing
@ 2017-06-24 20:53 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-06-24 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \startbuffer[demo]
    <doc>
    <pre class="copy-code"><code>1
    2
    3
    4
    5</code></pre>
    </doc>
    \stopbuffer

    \startxmlsetups xml:initialize
         \xmlsetsetup{#1}{doc}{xml:doc}
        \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}
            {pre[contains(@class,'copy\letterpercent-code')]/code}
            {xml:copy:code}
    \stopxmlsetups

    \xmlregistersetup{xml:initialize}

    \startxmlsetups xml:doc
         \xmlflush{#1}
    \stopxmlsetups

    \startxmlsetups xml:copy:code
        %~ \startcomment[location=inmargin, color=yellow]
            %~ \xmlpure{#1}
        %~ \stopcomment
        \comment[location=inmargin, color=yellow]{\xmlpure{#1}}
    \stopxmlsetups

    \setupinteraction[state=start]

    \starttext
         \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{demo}{}
         \startcomment
            1
            2
            3
            4
            5
        \stopcomment
    \stoptext

I don’t know why I cannot get \startcomment...\stopcomment with
\xmlpure{#1}.

This is the only way I have to get lines and spaces in comments.

Which is the right way to do it?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \startcomment...\stopcomment with XML processing
@ 2017-06-25 10:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-06-25 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/24/2017 10:53 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>      \startbuffer[demo]
>      <doc>
>      <pre class="copy-code"><code>1
>      2
>      3
>      4
>      5</code></pre>
>      </doc>
>      \stopbuffer
>
>      \startxmlsetups xml:initialize
>           \xmlsetsetup{#1}{doc}{xml:doc}
>          \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}
>              {pre[contains(@class,'copy\letterpercent-code')]/code}
>              {xml:copy:code}
>      \stopxmlsetups
>
>      \xmlregistersetup{xml:initialize}
>
>      \startxmlsetups xml:doc
>           \xmlflush{#1}
>      \stopxmlsetups
>
>      \startxmlsetups xml:copy:code
>          %~ \startcomment[location=inmargin, color=yellow]
>              %~ \xmlpure{#1}
>          %~ \stopcomment
>          \comment[location=inmargin, color=yellow]{\xmlpure{#1}}
>      \stopxmlsetups
>
>      \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
>      \starttext
>           \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{demo}{}
>           \startcomment
>              1
>              2
>              3
>              4
>              5
>          \stopcomment
>      \stoptext
>
> I don’t know why I cannot get \startcomment...\stopcomment with
> \xmlpure{#1}.
>
> This is the only way I have to get lines and spaces in comments.
>
> Which is the right way to do it?

     \startxmlsetups xml:copy:code
         \xmltobufferverbose{#1}{.}{whereever}
         \comment[location=inmargin,color=yellow,buffer=whereever]{}
     \stopxmlsetups

@ 2017-06-25 13:00   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-06-25 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 06/25/2017 12:18 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> I don’t know why I cannot get \startcomment...\stopcomment with
>> \xmlpure{#1}.
>>
>> This is the only way I have to get lines and spaces in comments.
>>
>> Which is the right way to do it?
>
>      \startxmlsetups xml:copy:code
>          \xmltobufferverbose{#1}{.}{whereever}
>          \comment[location=inmargin,color=yellow,buffer=whereever]{}
>      \stopxmlsetups

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

I’m using this for a class. I mean, I have a document with many code
snippets and (from what I get) I’m using the same name for all buffers.

It seems to work fine for me, but I wonder whether this is a safe
practice. Or it might break in some scenarios.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk