Am 03.09.2014 um 21:40 schrieb Joshua Krämer : > On 2014-09-01, 21:20, Sandra Snan wrote: > >> This is probably a pretty basic question, but how do I find out the >> name of the font that \definefontfamily expects in the third argument? > > Hi Sandra, > > the only reliable method I have found is to inspect the font with > FontForge. > > Here is an example: the Swiss 721 font from Bitstream (Helvetica > digitization). > > FontForge reports: > > Font name: Swiss721BT-Roman > Family name: Swis721 BT > Display name: Swiss 721 BT > Weight: Book > > "mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=swiss" result: > > swiss721bt swiss721btroman Swiss721.ttf > swiss721btroman swiss721btroman Swiss721.ttf > > The only name which works in ConTeXt is the family name (which can be > seen in FontForge): "Swis721 BT", note the single "s". However, this > name is *not* shown in the mtxrun output. Don’t expect logic in the internal names of a font, there is none. > Interestingly, I have also seen mtxrun show the family name (different > from the font name) for other fonts, so I really do not know how it > makes up its output. It is certainly not useful to find out the > name that is to be used in ConTeXt. The family name is shown when you use the info option, e.g. mtxrun --script font --list --info --all texgyrepagella* Wolfgang