* error: (nodes): fuzzy token cleanup in whatsit node
@ 2021-09-07  8:38 Sylvain Hubert via ntg-context
From: Sylvain Hubert via ntg-context @ 2021-09-07  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear List,

I think I've just encountered a fragile bug. It is only reproducible
with exactly the same layout as the doc below. Any insertion or
removal of an item that changes the pagination would let the document
compile.

\defineitemgroup[choice][itemize]
\setupchoice[packed,columns,one]
\setupchoice[before={\blank[medium]}]

\starttext
.\blank[32*big]

\startitemize
\item 0

\startchoice[text]
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\blank[6*big]
\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\blank[6*big]
\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\item 0
\startchoice
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\item 0
\stopchoice

\stopitemize
\stoptext

test.log:

open source     > level 1, order 1, name
'/home/me/apps/texlive/2021/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-yes.mkiv'
system          >
system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2021.03.05 19:11 MKIV  fmt: 2021.4.24
int: english/english
system          >
system          > 'cont-new.mkiv' loaded
open source     > level 2, order 2, name
'/home/me/apps/texlive/2021/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv'
system          > beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.mkiv
close source    > level 2, order 2, name
'/home/me/apps/texlive/2021/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv'
system          > files > jobname 'test', input './test', result 'test'
fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       > language 'en' is active
open source     > level 2, order 3, name '/home/me/code/qs-cs/test.tex'
fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize rm 12pt' is loaded
backend         > xmp > using file
'/home/me/apps/texlive/2021/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/mkiv/lpdf-pdx.xml'
pages           > flushing realpage 1, userpage 1, subpage 1
pages           > flushing realpage 2, userpage 2, subpage 2
! error:  (nodes): fuzzy token cleanup in whatsit node with type
whatsit and subtype 29

Could anyone reproduce or explain this bug?

Thanks!

Sylvain

* Re: error: (nodes): fuzzy token cleanup in whatsit node
@ 2021-09-07 14:57 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2021-09-07 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/7/2021 10:38 AM, Sylvain Hubert via ntg-context wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I think I've just encountered a fragile bug. It is only reproducible
> with exactly the same layout as the doc below. Any insertion or
> removal of an item that changes the pagination would let the document
> compile.
nasty border case (fixed but i'll redo that code some day anyway in a
more lmtx way)

Hans