* Re: Custom enumeration
@ 2010-10-14 12:31 Bela Mulder
From: Bela Mulder @ 2010-10-14 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

  Sorry, for my initial vagueness: I want the exercises in part 5,
chapter 3 of the syllabus to come out as:

Exercise 5.3.1  etc.

Right now, on a per chapter basis I get:

Exercise 1 etc.

Hope this helps.

--

Bela Mulder
Group Leader Theory of Biomolecular matter

FOM Institute AMOLF
Science Park 104, 1098XG Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS
Tel: + 31 20 7547100 FAX: + 31 20 7547290
web: http://www.amolf.nl/research/theory_of_biomolecular_matter/

* Re: Custom enumeration
@ 2010-10-14 13:24 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-10-14 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Oct 14, 2010, at 8:31 AM, Bela Mulder <mulder@amolf.nl> wrote:

> Sorry, for my initial vagueness: I want the exercises in part 5, chapter 3 of the syllabus to come out as:
>
> Exercise 5.3.1  etc.

Does way=bychapter work? (untested)

Aditya

* Re: Custom enumeration
@ 2010-10-14 20:38   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-10-14 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 14.10.2010 um 15:24 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> On Oct 14, 2010, at 8:31 AM, Bela Mulder <mulder@amolf.nl> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, for my initial vagueness: I want the exercises in part 5, chapter 3 of the syllabus to come out as:
>>
>> Exercise 5.3.1  etc.
>
> Does way=bychapter work? (untested)

You need also „prefix=yes“ but it would have been easier with a minimals example which was missing.

\defineenumeration[test][text=Test,prefix=yes,way=bychapter]
\starttext
\dorecurse{3}
  {\part{Part #1}
   \dorecurse{4}
     {\chapter{Chapter ##1}
      \dorecurse{3}
        {\input knuth\par
         \starttest \input ward \stoptest
         \input tufte\par}}}
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Custom enumeration
@ 2010-10-14  9:26 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-10-14  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 14.10.2010 um 11:22 schrieb Bela Mulder:

> Dear ConTeXters,
>
> A newbie question: I am trying to set up a custom enumeration for exercises in a syllabus. The numbering of these exercises should reflect both part and chapter information, but \defineenumeration does not allow me to write my own custom command for this (unlike \setuphead). Am I missing something, or is there another solution?

Can you give us more information what you want!

Wolfgang

* Custom enumeration
@ 2010-10-14  9:22 Bela Mulder
From: Bela Mulder @ 2010-10-14  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

  Dear ConTeXters,

A newbie question: I am trying to set up a custom enumeration for
exercises in a syllabus. The numbering of these exercises should reflect
both part and chapter information, but \defineenumeration does not allow
me to write my own custom command for this (unlike \setuphead). Am I
missing something, or is there another solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.