* Re: Spacing between text and footnote line
@ 2019-03-24 15:24 Huseyin Özoguz
From: Huseyin Özoguz @ 2019-03-24 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 3/24/19 3:50 PM, Huseyin Özoguz wrote:
> >/[...] />/Thanks, but that does not work. It only changes the distance between the />/footnote-line and the footnote-text. But I want to manipulate the />/distance above the footnote-line: between the (standard) text and the />/footnote-line. /
> Hi Huseyin,
>
> it isn’t clear (at least, to me) what you mean with the footnote line
> (there is a rule for all footnotes).
>
> I think that the "before" key from \setupnote does exactly what you say
> you want: specify the distance between the rule and the main text.
>
> You might use the "before" key in \setupnotation, but that will alter
> the space before in all footnotes.
>
> Maybe you might check the i-context.pdf document (on pages 233 and 234)
> to check the options for both the \setupnotation (the individual note)
> and \setupnote (the notes group). (It comes with the ConTeXt Suite
> distribution, tex/texmf-context/tex/context/interface/mkiv/i-context.pdf)
>
> Just in case it might help,
>
> Pablo

Thank you pablo, it was just my mistake, I confused the both. Thanks for
the reference, I will check it out.

Huseyin

--
Huseyin Özoguz

E-Mail: h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de

* Re: Spacing between text and footnote line
@ 2019-03-24 17:38     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-03-24 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Huseyin Özoguz schrieb am 24.03.19 um 16:23:
> Thank you both, that was my mistake: Instead of copy&pasting I wrote:
> "setupnotation" (which I used already), not setupnote.
>
> Btw: The default setup seems to be two lines distance, is that a
> correct understanding?
It’s only a single line but the rule itself adds additional vertical
space which results in two lines.

Wolfgang

* Re: Spacing between text and footnote line
@ 2019-03-24 15:23   ` Huseyin Özoguz
From: Huseyin Özoguz @ 2019-03-24 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you both, that was my mistake: Instead of copy&pasting I wrote:
"setupnotation" (which I used already), not setupnote.

Btw: The default setup seems to be two lines distance, is that a correct
understanding?

It works fine, thanks Tomáš!

Huseyin Özoguz

E-Mail: h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de

@ 2019-03-24 15:13 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2019-03-24 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/24/19 3:50 PM, Huseyin Özoguz wrote:
> [...]
> Thanks, but that does not work. It only changes the distance between the
> footnote-line and the footnote-text. But I want to manipulate the
> distance above the footnote-line: between the (standard) text and the
> footnote-line.

Hi Huseyin,

it isn’t clear (at least, to me) what you mean with the footnote line
(there is a rule for all footnotes).

I think that the "before" key from \setupnote does exactly what you say
you want: specify the distance between the rule and the main text.

You might use the "before" key in \setupnotation, but that will alter
the space before in all footnotes.

Maybe you might check the i-context.pdf document (on pages 233 and 234)
to check the options for both the \setupnotation (the individual note)
and \setupnote (the notes group). (It comes with the ConTeXt Suite
distribution, tex/texmf-context/tex/context/interface/mkiv/i-context.pdf)

Just in case it might help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Spacing between text and footnote line
@ 2019-03-24 15:02 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-03-24 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2019-03-24 14:50 Huseyin Özoguz
From: Huseyin Özoguz @ 2019-03-24 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2019-03-24 13:34 ` Tomas Hala
From: Tomas Hala @ 2019-03-24 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

one way could be

\setupnote[footnote][before={\blank[10*big]}]

Best wishes,

Tomáš

Sun, Mar 24, 2019 ve 02:22:34PM +0100 Huseyin Özoguz napsal(a):
# Hello,
#
# how an I change the distance between the text and the line of the
# footnotes? See this min-example:
#
# \setuplayout[grid=yes]
# \showgrid
# \starttext
# First sentence.\footnote{Test.}
# \dorecurse{5}{\input knuth}
# \stoptext
#
# That produces two lines distance between the footnote-line and the
# last line of the text on the first page. How can I reduce or
# increment it?
#
# Thank you!
# Huseyin
#
# --
# Huseyin Özoguz
#
# E-Mail: h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de
#
# ___________________________________________________________________________________
# If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!
#
# maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
# webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
# archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
# wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

                                         Tomáš Hála

* Spacing between text and footnote line
@ 2019-03-24 13:22 Huseyin Özoguz