* Compiling to EPUB
@ 2014-01-15 22:14 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2014-01-15 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I tried to compile one of my projects to a EPUB by adding

> \setupbackend[export=yes,xhtml=yes]
> \setupexport
>    [title={A nice book},
>     author={John Doe},
>     firstpage={huhn.jpg},
>    ]

to the main-file. After that I began the compiling by

> C:\Users\diretory>mtxrun --script epub --make filename.specification

like I found it in the wiki: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Epub

That is the output:

> mtx-epub        | creating paths in tree main_wilayatfaqih.tree
> mtx-epub        | copying cover.xhtml to
> main_wilayatfaqih.tree/OEBPS/cover.xhtml
> mtx-epub        | copying toc.ncx to main_wilayatfaqih.tree/OEBPS/toc.ncx
> mtx-epub        | copying main_wilayatfaqih.xhtml to
> main_wilayatfaqih.tree/OEBPS/main_wilayatfaqih.xhtml
> mtx-epub        | copying huhn.jpg to
> main_wilayatfaqih.tree/OEBPS/huhn.jpg
> mtx-epub        | creating archive
>
> Der Befehl "zip" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
> konnte nicht gefunden werden.
> Der Befehl "zip" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
> konnte nicht gefunden werden.
> Der Befehl "zip" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
> konnte nicht gefunden werden.

After that I could found the new directorys: "filename.tree", but no
EPUB-file in it. What was my mistake?

Thank you!
Huseyin

* Re: Compiling to EPUB
@ 2014-01-16  5:08 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2014-01-16  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2014-01-16 um 04:14 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

>> Der Befehl "zip" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
>> konnte nicht gefunden werden.
>
> After that I could found the new directorys: "filename.tree", but no EPUB-file in it. What was my mistake?

Looks like you should install a command line „zip“ program.
ePub is a zipped format.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: Compiling to EPUB
@ 2014-01-16 19:46     ` Jacob Peck
From: Jacob Peck @ 2014-01-16 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/16/2014 2:41 PM, Marco Patzer wrote:

> According to mtx-epub.lua “zip” or “7z” are used, whichever is
> available. Maybe it makes sense to add “7zip” as well if the Windows
> binary is really called “7zip” instead of “7z”.
It's 7z.exe on my machine, but it's not in PATH unless someone tells it
to be... perhaps doing that would fix OP's problem?

-->Jake

* Re: Compiling to EPUB
@ 2014-01-16 19:41   ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2014-01-16 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2014–01–16 Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> 7zip is not called as „zip“, but „7zip“,

On my (Unix) machine it's called as “7z” not “7zip”. I don't know if
the binary name differs between the platforms.

> but ConTeXt’s script relies on an executable „zip“ and probably exactly the syntax of InfoZip that Vladimir told you to install.
>
> Someone could also adapt the epub script to check the availability of a „zip“ command and fall back to „7zip“ or other.

According to mtx-epub.lua “zip” or “7z” are used, whichever is
available. Maybe it makes sense to add “7zip” as well if the Windows
binary is really called “7zip” instead of “7z”.

I'm wondering why the OP didn't get the following message:
“no epub archive made, install one of: <list of supported zippers>”
which should be displayed if no supported zipper is found.

Doesn't LuaTeX ship with a zip library? Why is that one not used
instead?

Marco

* Re: Compiling to EPUB
@ 2014-01-16 15:52 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2014-01-16 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2014-01-16 um 17:11 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

>> Looks like you should install a command line ?zip? program.
>> ePub is a zipped format.
>
> Thanks, Hraban.
> But what does that mean exactly, I have installed 7zip and besides that, Windows can natively zip any file. What exactly to do to install an "command line zip program" and to get over this error.

See also Vladimir’s message.
7zip is not called as „zip“, but „7zip“, and Windows’ archiving capabilities are also not callable as „zip“, but ConTeXt’s script relies on an executable „zip“ and probably exactly the syntax of InfoZip that Vladimir told you to install.

@ 2014-01-16 13:10 ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2014-01-16 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,
** "H. Özoguz" [2014-01-16 12:11:09 +0100]:

>> Looks like you should install a command line ?zip? program.
>> ePub is a zipped format.

> Thanks, Hraban.

> But what does that mean exactly, I have installed 7zip and besides that,
> Windows can natively zip any file. What exactly to do to install an "command
> line zip program" and to get over this error.

I didn't try to generate EPUB but may give some hints. First, 7zip
allows to create different kinds of archives, compressed or not and to
extract content of archive created in most popular formats.

Windows has "built-in" capability to "natively" opens zip archives BUT
not (AFAIR) to create them.

In your case context needs a program able to create an archive in ZIP.
Surprisingly there is program named 'zip.exe' (it is called that on
Windows) that context uses to create ZIP. You can download this program
on this site: http://www.info-zip.org/Zip.html

Next, you should place this program to a directory (aka "folder" on
Windows) mentioned in PATH variable.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Famous last words:
	(1) Don't unplug it, it will just take a moment to fix.

* Re: Compiling to EPUB
@ 2014-01-16 11:11 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2014-01-16 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Looks like you should install a command line ?zip? program.
> ePub is a zipped format.

Thanks, Hraban.

But what does that mean exactly, I have installed 7zip and besides that,
Windows can natively zip any file. What exactly to do to install an
"command line zip program" and to get over this error.

Best regards, Huseyin