When using refcommand=authoryears and Mk IV the first reference is formatted incorrectly. There is the left parenthesis, then a line break, then the rest of the reference followed by the right parenthesis. With MkII it comes out correctly. And in MkIV, every reference except the first is correct. This is similar to a problem reported in another thread, but I don't see how the resolution proposed there applies here. http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20091116.073439.c2549ecb.en.html It isn't a crucial thing for me. I can use MkII when I need to use this citation style. I'm just submitting this as a possible bug report. This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.46.0-2009112820 \write18 enabled. (bib-test.tex ConTeXt ver: 2009.12.01 17:09 MKIV fmt: 2009.12.1 int: english/ english I'm attaching three files: the source, the bibliography, and the pdf output that I get.