* Wiki - Proposal to update the Welcome page
@ 2020-05-22 21:42 Garulfo
From: Garulfo @ 2020-05-22 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,

thanks for your encouraging feedbacks.

1/ Concerning the Manuals Page
    - As proposed, "obsolete banners" are added to thumbnails  of the
      oldest manuals.
    - About providing zips of manuals per topics: maybe we could just
      add a index.html in the distribution structure, to provide  the
      user with a browsing system similar to the wiki's one.

    - If the admistrators wish, I can now replace the current page.

2/ After  the Manuals,  please find a proposal for the Welcome Page,
    which is probably trickier

    - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page_TempProposal
    - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page (the current)

    - 4 objectives :
	1/ do something more visual, reduce the amount of text,
	2/ provide a fairly comprehensive overview with less than 15
            topics,
         3/ but hold in one (big) screen,
	4/ avoid redundancies on the Welcome Page,
	5/ match both the Wiki's structure & the Manuals' structure.

Again, depending on  your feedbacks, I would be happy to improve it.

It's built from scripts  ==>  not too hard now to reorder, to adapt.

Best

* Re: Wiki - Proposal to update the Welcome page
@ 2020-05-22 22:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-05-22 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/22/2020 11:42 PM, Garulfo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> thanks for your encouraging feedbacks.
>
> 1/ Concerning the Manuals Page
>     - As proposed, "obsolete banners" are added to thumbnails  of the
>       oldest manuals.
>     - About providing zips of manuals per topics: maybe we could just
>       add a index.html in the distribution structure, to provide  the
>       user with a browsing system similar to the wiki's one.
>
>     - If the admistrators wish, I can now replace the current page.

probbaly no one knows this but there is real old feature

 >mtxrun --launch  --pattern=luametafun.pdf
mtxrun          | launching:
c:/data/develop/tex-context/tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals/luametafun.pdf

i could probably extend that with a list option (there is actually a xml
file that describes the manuals as on the website ... it's used in
generating the website which happens every update - from also rather
ancient xml files)

Hans

* Re: Wiki - Proposal to update the Welcome page
@ 2020-05-22 22:35 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-05-22 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 22 May 2020, Garulfo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> thanks for your encouraging feedbacks.
>
> 1/ Concerning the Manuals Page
>    - As proposed, "obsolete banners" are added to thumbnails  of the
>      oldest manuals.

Looks good. A few minor comments:

I haven't tested it, but the natural tables in context examples (in Sec 3.6) should still work with latest versions.

The "context rehab for amsmath addicts" should be in math (or sciences) rather than tables. (This reminds me, I should update that reference).

>    - About providing zips of manuals per topics: maybe we could just
>      add a index.html in the distribution structure, to provide  the
>      user with a browsing system similar to the wiki's one.
>
>    - If the admistrators wish, I can now replace the current page.

One concern that I have is how easy it is to navigate the page on the phone. Currently, it does not really work on the phone. Is there some way to make it more responsive?

> 2/ After  the Manuals,  please find a proposal for the Welcome Page,
>    which is probably trickier
>
>    - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page_TempProposal
>    - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page (the current)
>
>    - 4 objectives :
> 	1/ do something more visual, reduce the amount of text,

Some of us prefer text. What was earlier a one step process for me (go to home page, search for keyword, go to page), is now a two step process. But I agree that the new proposed layout is more friendly to new users and support it.

> 	2/ provide a fairly comprehensive overview with less than 15
>            topics,
>         3/ but hold in one (big) screen,

This looks more reasonable on the phone. The 2nd half of the page looks okay, but the first half still looks weird (too narrow and long columns). Perhaps there is a way to may it a bit more responsive on the phone.

> 	4/ avoid redundancies on the Welcome Page,
> 	5/ match both the Wiki's structure & the Manuals' structure.
>
> Again, depending on  your feedbacks, I would be happy to improve it.
>
> It's built from scripts  ==>  not too hard now to reorder, to adapt.

You should also document your work flow somewhere (perhaps the talk page of the same page or a dedicated page on the wiki). That is useful for long term maintainability of the wiki.

Aditya

* Re: Wiki - Proposal to update the Welcome page
@ 2020-05-23 16:40   ` Garulfo
From: Garulfo @ 2020-05-23 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>> 1/ Concerning the Manuals Page
>>    - As proposed, "obsolete banners" are added to thumbnails  of the
>>      oldest manuals.
> Looks good. A few minor comments:
> I haven't tested it, but the natural tables in context examples (in
> Sec 3.6) should still work with latest versions.
> The "context rehab for amsmath addicts" should be in math (or
> sciences) rather than tables. (This reminds me, I should update that
> reference).

Both corrections are made, thanks for your help.

>>    - About providing zips of manuals per topics: maybe we could just
>>      add a index.html in the distribution structure, to provide the
>>      user with a browsing system similar to the wiki's one.
>>    - If the admistrators wish, I can now replace the current page.
>
> One concern that I have is how easy it is to navigate the page on the
> phone. Currently, it does not really work on the phone. Is there some
> way to make it more responsive?

Thanks again, of primary importance.

Should be far better now (quickly checked on two smartphones, one
android and one ios)

>> 2/ After  the Manuals,  please find a proposal for the Welcome Page,
>>    which is probably trickier
>>    - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page_TempProposal
>>    - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page (the current)
>>    - 4 objectives :
>>     1/ do something more visual, reduce the amount of text,
> Some of us prefer text. What was earlier a one step process for me (go
> to home page, search for keyword, go to page), is now a two step
> process. But I agree that the new proposed layout is more friendly to
> new users and support it.

Yes, I suspected that the current version had advantages as a result of
past iterations.

It would be interesting to identify the links that people want to access
in one step. We can list them in
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Talk:Main_Page_TempProposal, and I will
try to find ways to integrate them.

>>     2/ provide a fairly comprehensive overview with less than 15
>>            topics,
>>         3/ but hold in one (big) screen,
> This looks more reasonable on the phone. The 2nd half of the page
> looks okay, but the first half still looks weird (too narrow and long
> columns). Perhaps there is a way to may it a bit more responsive on
> the phone.

See above, should be far better now.

>>     4/ avoid redundancies on the Welcome Page,
>>     5/ match both the Wiki's structure & the Manuals' structure.
>>
>> Again, depending on  your feedbacks, I would be happy to improve it.
>>
>> It's built from scripts  ==>  not too hard now to reorder, to adapt.
> You should also document your work flow somewhere (perhaps the talk
> page of the same page or a dedicated page on the wiki). That is useful
> for long term maintainability of the wiki.

Done: two zip files are uploaded, with link and brief description in the
Talk zone of the respective pages.

* Re: Wiki - Proposal to update the Welcome page
@ 2020-05-24  2:06     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2020-05-24  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 23 May 2020, Garulfo wrote:

>>> 1/ Concerning the Manuals Page
>>>    - As proposed, "obsolete banners" are added to thumbnails  of the
>>>      oldest manuals.
>> Looks good. A few minor comments:
>> I haven't tested it, but the natural tables in context examples (in
>> Sec 3.6) should still work with latest versions.
>> The "context rehab for amsmath addicts" should be in math (or
>> sciences) rather than tables. (This reminds me, I should update that
>> reference).
>
> Both corrections are made, thanks for your help.
>

>>>    - About providing zips of manuals per topics: maybe we could just
>>>      add a index.html in the distribution structure, to provide the
>>>      user with a browsing system similar to the wiki's one.
>>>    - If the admistrators wish, I can now replace the current page.
>>
>> One concern that I have is how easy it is to navigate the page on the
>> phone. Currently, it does not really work on the phone. Is there some
>> way to make it more responsive?
>
> Thanks again, of primary importance.
>
> Should be far better now (quickly checked on two smartphones, one
> android and one ios)

Thanks. Both pages look good on mobile now. I am okay with merging this with the old manuals page. A small suggestion is that we could omit the table of content on this page, as it is almost redundant in the new format.

>>> 2/ After  the Manuals,  please find a proposal for the Welcome Page,
>>>    which is probably trickier
>>>    - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page_TempProposal
>>>    - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page (the current)
>>>    - 4 objectives :
>>>     1/ do something more visual, reduce the amount of text,
>> Some of us prefer text. What was earlier a one step process for me (go
>> to home page, search for keyword, go to page), is now a two step
>> process. But I agree that the new proposed layout is more friendly to
>> new users and support it.
>
> Yes, I suspected that the current version had advantages as a result of
> past iterations.
>
> It would be interesting to identify the links that people want to access
> in one step. We can list them in
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Talk:Main_Page_TempProposal, and I will
> try to find ways to integrate them.

Personally, I don't think that it is a big deal.

>>>     2/ provide a fairly comprehensive overview with less than 15
>>>            topics,
>>>         3/ but hold in one (big) screen,
>>>     4/ avoid redundancies on the Welcome Page,
>>>     5/ match both the Wiki's structure & the Manuals' structure.
>>>
>>> Again, depending on  your feedbacks, I would be happy to improve it.
>>>
>>> It's built from scripts  ==>  not too hard now to reorder, to adapt.
>> You should also document your work flow somewhere (perhaps the talk
>> page of the same page or a dedicated page on the wiki). That is useful
>> for long term maintainability of the wiki.
>
> Done: two zip files are uploaded, with link and brief description in the
> Talk zone of the respective pages.

Thanks.

I am okay with changing the main page as well. But since this is the main page, let's wait for the other mods to chime in as well.

Aditya

* Re: Wiki - Proposal to update the Welcome page
@ 2020-05-24  8:53       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2020-05-24  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 24.05.2020 um 04:06 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
>
> I am okay with changing the main page as well. But since this is the main page, let's wait for the other mods to chime in as well.

Am I a mod? Just a frequent contributor, I guess...

I like the new main page, it looks very friendly. Myself I never look a lot at the main page but use the search or type the URL directly, since I usually know what I’m looking for...

Thanks for the efforts though!

Hraban

* Re: Wiki - Proposal to update the Welcome page
@ 2020-05-25  7:28         ` Taco Hoekwater
       [not found]           ` <275687af-5e3b-b548-24b3-fa00892182d5@azules.eu>
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2020-05-25  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I like the new page layout. It is a big improvement structurally, and great work!

Best wishes,
Taco

> On 24 May 2020, at 10:53, Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net> wrote:
>

>> Am 24.05.2020 um 04:06 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
>>
>> I am okay with changing the main page as well. But since this is the main page, let's wait for the other mods to chime in as well.
>
> Am I a mod? Just a frequent contributor, I guess...
>
> I like the new main page, it looks very friendly. Myself I never look a lot at the main page but use the search or type the URL directly, since I usually know what I’m looking for...
>
> Thanks for the efforts though!
>
> Hraban

Taco Hoekwater
Elvenkind BV

* Translation of ConTeXt interface
       [not found]                           ` <7b986791-73ca-4a8f-eda9-c5d4b64d83cf@gmail.com>
@ 2020-06-26 10:27                             ` Garulfo
From: Garulfo @ 2020-06-26 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks a lot Wolfang for your answer.
I have 5 additional questions... sorry.

 >>      \placeFLOAT           becomes \placerFLOAT
 >>      \startplaceFLOAT      becomes \debutplacerFLOAT
 >>      \placerchemical       becomes \placerchemical
 >>      \startplacerchemical  becomes \debutplacerchemical
 >\placefigure is a combination of the element "place" (\e!place) and the
 > variable "figure" (\v!figure)
 >\startplacefigure is a combination of the elements "start" (\e!start)
 >and "place" (\e!place) and the variable "figure" (\v!figure.)

So, I'm still doing something wrong, because changing the translation of
"figure" in "mult-def.lua" (in the part "variables"), only affect :

1- command "\startfigure    \stopfigure"
2- "figure" in "\setuppageinjection" > alternative = figure buffer...

I get another difficulty with \startitemize and \stopitemize

the translation of the variable "itemize" has no impact on the
setup-fr.pdf file produced with :

context --interface=fr --global --result=setup-fr x-setups-overview.mkiv

But, I just found that if I actually use the translated commands in a
test.tex file, it just works.

% interface=fr
\debuttexte
\debutlister
\elem first
\elem second
\finlister
\fintexte

What should I do in order to have a setup-fr.pdf file that shows the
translations actually available ?

With the translation of the command textwidth, I can use
"largeur=0.5\largeurtexte" (cool !)

But this command is not listed in setup-fr.pdf.
Is there a way to add these basic commands to setup-fr.pdf ?

Math. I get the following error :

fonts  > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
fonts  > defining > font with asked name 'fichier' is not found using
lookup 'file'
fonts  > defining > unknown font 'fichier', loading aborted

I suppose that due to the translation of "file" to "fichier".
It's OK when I switch back to
- setupstrings	cd:file ==> file
- variables	file    ==> file

How can I translate the variable "file" into fichier, without messing
with fonts (and maybe other file related functions)

 > Delimited command are problematic (especially when they change
 > catcodes), e.g. \startluacode use \stopluacode as hard coded delimiter
 > for the environment. While it is easy to create a synonym for
 > \startluacode this isn't the case for \stopluacode because the
 > environment always look for \stopluacode as stopper and alternative
 > names are ignored.

\startsection \stopsection   and \startformula \stopformula seem OK.

How can I identify the delimited commands that should not be translated
in order to avoid this issue.

* Re: Translation of ConTeXt interface
@ 2020-06-26 12:16                               ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-06-26 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Garulfo schrieb am 26.06.2020 um 12:27:
> Thanks a lot Wolfang for your answer.
> I have 5 additional questions... sorry.

> >>      \placeFLOAT           becomes \placerFLOAT
> >>      \startplaceFLOAT      becomes \debutplacerFLOAT
> >>      \placerchemical       becomes \placerchemical
> >>      \startplacerchemical  becomes \debutplacerchemical
> >\placefigure is a combination of the element "place" (\e!place) and the
> > variable "figure" (\v!figure)
> >\startplacefigure is a combination of the elements "start" (\e!start)
> >and "place" (\e!place) and the variable "figure" (\v!figure.)
>
> So, I'm still doing something wrong, because changing the translation
> of "figure" in "mult-def.lua" (in the part "variables"), only affect :
>
> 1- command "\startfigure    \stopfigure"
> 2- "figure" in "\setuppageinjection" > alternative = figure buffer...
You have to provide your modified mult-def.lua file, otherwise there is
no way to check what's wrong.
> I get another difficulty with \startitemize and \stopitemize
>
> the translation of the variable "itemize" has no impact on the
> setup-fr.pdf file produced with :
>
> context --interface=fr --global --result=setup-fr x-setups-overview.mkiv
>
> But, I just found that if I actually use the translated commands in a
> test.tex file, it just works.
>
> % interface=fr
> \debuttexte
> \debutlister
> \elem first
> \elem second
> \finlister
> \fintexte
>
> What should I do in order to have a setup-fr.pdf file that shows the
> translations actually available ?
Same as above, provide your translations.
> With the translation of the command textwidth, I can use
> "largeur=0.5\largeurtexte" (cool !)
>
> But this command is not listed in setup-fr.pdf.
> Is there a way to add these basic commands to setup-fr.pdf ?
\textwidth is the name of a dimen register and no register names are listed.
> Math. I get the following error :
>
> fonts  > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
> fonts  > defining > font with asked name 'fichier' is not found using
> lookup 'file'
> fonts  > defining > unknown font 'fichier', loading aborted
>
> I suppose that due to the translation of "file" to "fichier".
> It's OK when I switch back to
> - setupstrings    cd:file ==> file
You can translate these string because they are only used in the command
list to provide the texts which are shown in uppercase letter, e.g. NUMBER.
> - variables file    ==> file
Constants (\c!...) and variables (\v!...) can be changed, only
parameters which use the form \s!... have to be english in all cases
(saves memory and improves performance).
> How can I translate the variable "file" into fichier, without messing
> with fonts (and maybe other file related functions)
There shouldn't be a problem with fonts because they use \s!file or
\s!name which aren't translated (unless you made the mistake and have
\c!file in your typescripts). It's possible there is a bug somewhere but
you have to provide a minimal example.

Wolfgang

* Re: Translation of ConTeXt interface
@ 2020-06-26 21:38                                 ` Garulfo
From: Garulfo @ 2020-06-26 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> So, I'm still doing something wrong, because changing the translation
>> of "figure" in "mult-def.lua" (in the part "variables"), only affect :
>> 1- command "\startfigure    \stopfigure"
>> 2- "figure" in "\setuppageinjection" > alternative = figure buffer...
> You have to provide your modified mult-def.lua file, otherwise there is
> no way to check what's wrong.

Patch file : mult-def.lua.test1_figure.diff

context --make fr
context --interface=fr --global --result=setup-fr x-setups-overview.mkiv

Then the pdf file shows
- \demarrefigurefr as expected (p62)
but
- \placefigure         instead of \placefigurefr (p190)
- \demarreplacefigure  instead of \demarreplacefigurefr (p72)

>> the translation of the variable "itemize" has no impact on the
>> setup-fr.pdf file produced
>> But, I just found that if I actually use the translated commands in a
>> test.tex file, it just works.
> Same as above, provide your translations.

Patch file : mult-def.lua.test2_itemize.diff
Input file : test2_itemize.tex

context --make fr
context --interface=fr --global --result=setup-fr x-setups-overview.mkiv
context test2_itemize.tex

setup-fr.pdf shows "\debutitemize  ... \finitemize" page 41
instead of         "\debutlister   ... \finlister"

but the input file, with "\debutlister   ... \finlister", works great.

> There shouldn't be a problem with fonts because they use \s!file or
> \s!name which aren't translated (unless you made the mistake and have
> \c!file in your typescripts). It's possible there is a bug somewhere but
> you have to provide a minimal example.

Understood, I am going to check.

[-- Attachment #2: mult-def.lua.test1_figure.diff --]

--- mult-def.lua.initial	2020-06-26 10:40:39.000000000 +0200
+++ mult-def.lua	2020-06-26 14:21:55.598929654 +0200
@@ -13522,7 +13522,7 @@
    ["cs"]="obrazek",
    ["de"]="abbildung",
    ["en"]="figure",
-   ["fr"]="figure",
+   ["fr"]="figurefr",
    ["it"]="figura",
    ["nl"]="figuur",
    ["pe"]="شکل",

[-- Attachment #3: mult-def.lua.test2_itemize.diff --]

--- mult-def.lua.initial	2020-06-26 10:40:39.000000000 +0200
+++ mult-def.lua	2020-06-26 23:16:25.039895542 +0200
@@ -5444,7 +5444,7 @@
    ["cs"]="starttext",
    ["de"]="starttext",
    ["en"]="starttext",
-   ["fr"]="demarretexte",
+   ["fr"]="debuttexte",
    ["it"]="iniziatesto",
    ["nl"]="starttekst",
    ["pe"]="شروع‌متن",
@@ -5846,7 +5846,7 @@
    ["cs"]="stoptext",
    ["de"]="stoptext",
    ["en"]="stoptext",
-   ["fr"]="stoppetexte",
+   ["fr"]="fintexte",
    ["it"]="terminatesto",
    ["nl"]="stoptekst",
    ["pe"]="پایان‌متن",
@@ -10758,7 +10758,7 @@
    ["cs"]="start",
    ["de"]="start",
    ["en"]="start",
-   ["fr"]="demarre",
+   ["fr"]="debut",
    ["it"]="inizia",
    ["nl"]="start",
    ["pe"]="شروع",
@@ -10792,7 +10792,7 @@
    ["cs"]="stop",
    ["de"]="stop",
    ["en"]="stop",
-   ["fr"]="stoppe",
+   ["fr"]="fin",
    ["it"]="termina",
    ["nl"]="stop",
    ["pe"]="پایان",
@@ -11861,7 +11861,7 @@
    ["cs"]="start",
    ["de"]="start",
    ["en"]="start",
-   ["fr"]="demarre",
+   ["fr"]="debut",
    ["it"]="inizia",
    ["nl"]="start",
    ["pe"]="شروع",
@@ -11871,7 +11871,7 @@
    ["cs"]="stop",
    ["de"]="stop",
    ["en"]="stop",
-   ["fr"]="stoppe",
+   ["fr"]="fin",
    ["it"]="termina",
    ["nl"]="stop",
    ["pe"]="پایان",
@@ -14398,7 +14398,7 @@
    ["cs"]="polozka",
    ["de"]="pos",
    ["en"]="item",
-   ["fr"]="element",
+   ["fr"]="elem",
    ["it"]="elemento",
    ["nl"]="som",
    ["pe"]="آیتم",
@@ -14407,7 +14407,7 @@
   ["itemize"]={
    ["cs"]="vycet",
    ["de"]="aufzaehlung",
-   ["en"]="itemize",
+   ["en"]="lister",
    ["fr"]="lister",
    ["it"]="elenco",
    ["nl"]="opsomming",
@@ -16505,7 +16505,7 @@
    ["cs"]="start",
    ["de"]="start",
    ["en"]="start",
-   ["fr"]="demarre",
+   ["fr"]="debut",
    ["it"]="inizia",
    ["nl"]="start",
    ["pe"]="شروع",
@@ -16529,7 +16529,7 @@
    ["cs"]="stop",
    ["de"]="stop",
    ["en"]="stop",
-   ["fr"]="stoppe",
+   ["fr"]="fin",
    ["it"]="termina",
    ["nl"]="stop",
    ["pe"]="پایان",

[-- Attachment #4: test2_itemize.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 115 bytes --]

% interface=fr
\debuttexte
texte avant
\debutlister
\elem premier
\elem second
\finlister
texte ensuite
\fintexte

* Re: Translation of ConTeXt interface
@ 2020-06-26 22:04                                 ` Garulfo
From: Garulfo @ 2020-06-26 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Math. I get the following error :
>>
>> fonts  > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
>> fonts  > defining > font with asked name 'fichier' is not found using
>> lookup 'file'
>> fonts  > defining > unknown font 'fichier', loading aborted
>>
>> I suppose that due to the translation of "file" to "fichier".
>> It's OK when I switch back to
>> - setupstrings    cd:file ==> file
> You can translate these string because they are only used in the command
> list to provide the texts which are shown in uppercase letter, e.g. NUMBER.
>> - variables file    ==> file
> Constants (\c!...) and variables (\v!...) can be changed, only
> parameters which use the form \s!... have to be english in all cases
> (saves memory and improves performance).
>> How can I translate the variable "file" into fichier, without messing
>> with fonts (and maybe other file related functions)
> There shouldn't be a problem with fonts because they use \s!file or
> \s!name which aren't translated (unless you made the mistake and have
> \c!file in your typescripts). It's possible there is a bug somewhere but
> you have to provide a minimal example.

My understanding:

I translated \setupbodyfont into \configurerfonteprincipale.

But I didn't specify any font in the input file.

As soon as I specified \configurerfonteprincipale[pagella,10pt] in the
input file, font messages "'fichier' is not found" disappear.

Is there an additionnal thing to do in order to enable the loading of a
default math font, without any font specification, but still with
translations of "file" into "fichier" ?

* Re: Translation of ConTeXt interface
@ 2020-06-27 10:02                                   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-06-27 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Garulfo schrieb am 27.06.2020 um 00:04:
>>> How can I translate the variable "file" into fichier, without
>>> messing with fonts (and maybe other file related functions)
>> There shouldn't be a problem with fonts because they use \s!file or
>> \s!name which aren't translated (unless you made the mistake and have
>> \c!file in your typescripts). It's possible there is a bug somewhere
>> but you have to provide a minimal example.
>
> My understanding:
>
> I translated \setupbodyfont into \configurerfonteprincipale.
>
> But I didn't specify any font in the input file.
>
> As soon as I specified vpagella,10pt] in the input file, font messages
> "'fichier' is not found" disappear.
>
> Is there an additionnal thing to do in order to enable the loading of
> a default math font, without any font specification, but still with
> translations of "file" into "fichier" ?

I'm unable to reproduce the error.

I added the "configurerfonteprincipale" to mult-def.lua and can use it
in your itemize test document without problems.

It helps to have a example which produces the error and your complete
mult-def.lua file.

Also helpful is to add \tracingall (or just \tracingmacros=2) before
\configurerfonteprincipale to get more informations what's happening
with the command.

Wolfgang

* Re: Translation of ConTeXt interface
@ 2020-06-27 16:18                                   ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2020-06-27 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

fonte ? (police)
principale ? (corps)

Alan

@ 2020-06-27 17:00                                     ` Garulfo
From: Garulfo @ 2020-06-27 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

Did you manage to have a look at the previous message
Fri Jun 26 23:38:48 CEST 202023
https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2020/098596.html

It contains two MWE :

1/ mult-def.lua.test1_figure.diff

2/ mult-def.lua.test2_itemize.diff + test2_itemize.tex

(not about the font issue, but the two others)

@ 2020-06-27 17:16                                       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-06-27 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Garulfo schrieb am 27.06.2020 um 19:00:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Did you manage to have a look at the previous message
> Fri Jun 26 23:38:48 CEST 202023
> https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2020/098596.html
>
> It contains two MWE :
>
> 1/ mult-def.lua.test1_figure.diff
>
> 2/ mult-def.lua.test2_itemize.diff + test2_itemize.tex
>
> (not about the font issue, but the two others)

The cause for the missing translations is this line in x-setups-basics.mkiv

     replace('cd:instances/cd:constant', 'value', variables)

which works only when the instances are listed in the command entry like
this

     <cd:command name="itemgroup" type="environment" ... >
         <cd:instances>
             <cd:constant value="itemize"/>
         </cd:instances>
     </cd:command>

which is never the case because I load the entries with cd:resolve like
here:

     <cd:define name="instance-itemgroup">
         <cd:constant value="itemize"/>
     </cd:define>

     <cd:command name="itemgroup" type="environment" ... >
         <cd:instances>
             <cd:resolve name="instance-itemgroup"/>
         </cd:instances>
     </cd:command>

Wolfgang

* Re: Translation of ConTeXt interface
@ 2020-06-28 22:07                                         ` Garulfo
From: Garulfo @ 2020-06-28 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do you think it would be easy to change the current behavior ? do you want me to try to propose a workaround ? I am not so familiar with mkiv files, but I can try.

@ 2020-06-30 21:02                                     ` Garulfo
From: Garulfo @ 2020-06-30 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Alan,

i will not forget your remark, I don't remember why I get to such a
translation. Maybe after working on translation and consistency between
these ~2000 keywords...

For "corps" and "fonte", it will be easy to change (there is not a lot
of tags)

If you agree, when I will have something "working", I will submit it to
you, in order to get your feedback (just a 10 to 15 minutes overview can
enable to catch the major issues)

@ 2020-06-30 21:09                                           ` Garulfo
From: Garulfo @ 2020-06-30 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> The cause for the missing translations is this line in x-setups-basics.mkiv
>>      replace('cd:instances/cd:constant', 'value', variables)
>> which works only when the instances are listed in the command entry like this
>>      <cd:command name="itemgroup" type="environment" ... >
>>          <cd:instances>
>>              <cd:constant value="itemize"/>
>>          </cd:instances>
>>      </cd:command>
>> which is never the case because I load the entries with cd:resolve like here:
>>      <cd:define name="instance-itemgroup">
>>          <cd:constant value="itemize"/>
>>      </cd:define>
>>
>>      <cd:command name="itemgroup" type="environment" ... >
>>          <cd:instances>
>>              <cd:resolve name="instance-itemgroup"/>
>>          </cd:instances>
>>      </cd:command>

Thanks a lot Wolfgang for the explanations.

A remaining question, due to the fact that I am not sure to understand
all the implications:
Is there some hope to find a solution to also translate the "cd:resolve"
entries for the setup-xx.pdf files ? or does it mean that such a request
is not compatible with the basic structure of the data / of the
translation process ?

Thanks again, for your help and for your time.

* Re: Translation of ConTeXt interface
@ 2020-06-30 21:53                                             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-06-30 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Garulfo schrieb am 30.06.2020 um 23:09:

>>> The cause for the missing translations is this line in
>>> x-setups-basics.mkiv
>>>      replace('cd:instances/cd:constant', 'value', variables)
>>> which works only when the instances are listed in the command entry
>>> like this
>>>      <cd:command name="itemgroup" type="environment" ... >
>>>          <cd:instances>
>>>              <cd:constant value="itemize"/>
>>>          </cd:instances>
>>>      </cd:command>
>>> which is never the case because I load the entries with cd:resolve
>>> like here:
>>>      <cd:define name="instance-itemgroup">
>>>          <cd:constant value="itemize"/>
>>>      </cd:define>
>>>
>>>      <cd:command name="itemgroup" type="environment" ... >
>>>          <cd:instances>
>>>              <cd:resolve name="instance-itemgroup"/>
>>>          </cd:instances>
>>>      </cd:command>
>
> Thanks a lot Wolfgang for the explanations.
>
> A remaining question, due to the fact that I am not sure to understand
> all the implications:
> Is there some hope to find a solution to also translate the
> "cd:resolve" entries for the setup-xx.pdf files ? or does it mean that
> such a request is not compatible with the basic structure of the data
> / of the translation process ?
>
> Thanks again, for your help and for your time.

You can try to replace the line

     replace('cd:instances/cd:constant', 'value', variables)

with

     replace('cd:constant', 'value', variables)

in x-setups-basics.mkiv and check if this replaces the texts.

Wolfgang