* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 101, Issue 42
       [not found] <mailman.194.1353007953.2161.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-11-16  8:15 ` "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2012-11-16  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 15.11.2012 20:32, schrieb ntg-context-request@ntg.nl:
> 2012-11-15 H. ?zoguz:
>
>> >\setuptolerance[stretch]
> Are you sure, you want to use stretch? It will probably product
> ugly results.
>
>> >\tolerance 70
> Why 70? I don't understand the use of stretch with such a strict
> tolerance. What about using
>
>    \setuptolerance [tolerant] %% or verytolerant
>
> instead of using stretch?
>
>> >Is it suitable to use tolerance and stretch in this way together?
> It will probably work (though I never used it myself), but using the
> ConTeXt interface \setuptolerance is the better approach.
>
>> >Of course I want a nice type area - but for me that means that I definitely
>> >don't want a word written in the margin!
> Use a higher tolerance, not a lower one.
>
>> >(That happens with the default \tolerance 250 (without using stretch).
> What version are you using? A current ConTeXt has the \tolerance set to 200.
>
> \starttext\the\tolerance\stoptext

Correct, my version has tolerance=200 as default, too. But in the manuel
I read 250, so it was my mistake.

My question is: I want to be absolutely sure, that no word is written in
the margin with my settings. And if I use only

\setuptolerance [tolerant]

it might still happen. The reason for the smal tolerance was, that I want very small tolerance (= nice result ?) in most cases, but if a word is written in the margin, then it should stretch (word in the margin = worst case for me)

* Annotation Module
       [not found] <mailman.194.1353007953.2161.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-11-16  9:13 ` "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2012-11-16  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 15.11.2012 20:32, schrieb ntg-context-request@ntg.nl:
> Am 13.11.2012 um 07:50 schrieb H. ?zoguz<h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:
>
>> >Am 13.11.2012 07:46, schriebntg-context-request@ntg.nl:

>> >I want the complete quotation emphasized- without extra writing \emph.
> Take a look at the attachment for a example which use the latest version of the annotation module (a module to create customized commands/environments).
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks, that seems to be exactly, what I'm searching for. I use the
Context Version:

2012.05.30 11:26

Do I have to update to use this annotation module? (It does not work.)

And is it easy to update, if I have no stand-alone version of ConTeXt,
but a version embedded in TexLive?

Thanks und viele Grüße
Huseyin

* Re: Annotation Module
@ 2012-11-16 13:32   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-16 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.11.2012 um 10:13 schrieb "H. Özoguz" <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

>> Take a look at the attachment for a example which use the latest version of the annotation module (a module to create customized commands/environments).
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> Thanks, that seems to be exactly, what I'm searching for. I use the Context Version:
>
> 2012.05.30 11:26
>
> Do I have to update to use this annotation module? (It does not work.)
>
> And is it easy to update, if I have no stand-alone version of ConTeXt, but a version embedded in TexLive?

The annotation module doesn’t ship with texlive. The reason for this is that
I use context macros which are only available in the current beta version but
not in stable version used by texlive.

Wolfgang

* Re: Annotation Module
       [not found] <mailman.194.1353007953.2161.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2012-11-18 19:27 ` "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2012-11-18 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 15.11.2012 20:32, schrieb ntg-context-request@ntg.nl:
> Take a look at the attachment for a example which use the latest version of the annotation module (a module to create customized commands/environments).
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks alot, now everything works fine.

My question to your module: How can I customize the

\startannotation \stopannotation enovirnment,

s.t. it does not start with ", but with another symbol (or maybe without
any symbol)?

Huseyin

* Re: Annotation Module
@ 2012-11-18 20:14   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-11-18 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.11.2012 um 20:27 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> My question to your module: How can I customize the
>
> \startannotation \stopannotation enovirnment,
>
> s.t. it does not start with ", but with another symbol (or maybe without any symbol)?

The annotation module let you define a command/environment to collect text
and format it in (nearly) any way you want, there is no distinction between
\command{…} and \startcommand …\stopcommand.

Copy this example and process it with context:

\usemodule[annotation]

\setuplayout
  [backspace=6cm,
   cutspace=2cm,
   width=middle]

\setupannotation[color=blue]

% one + two

\defineannotation[one][alternative=paragraph]
\defineannotation[two][alternative=text]

% three

\define[2]\ThreeCommand
  {\startframedtext[middle]
   \stopframedtext}

\defineannotation[three][alternative=command,command=\ThreeCommand]

% four

\startsetups [annotation:four]
  \startframedtext[width=broad,framecolor=red]
  \placeannotationcontent
  \doifsomething{\annotationparameter{author}}{\wordright{\annotationparameter{author}}}
  \stopframedtext
\stopsetups

\defineannotationalternative[four][renderingsetup=annotation:four]

\defineannotation[four][alternative=four]

\starttext

\input knuth
\one{\input ward }
\input knuth
\starttwo\input ward \stoptwo
\input knuth
\three{\input ward }
\input knuth
\startfour[author=Ward]\input ward \stopfour
\input knuth

\stoptext

In the example above I define four annotation command, while the first two
use predefined alternatives the third and fourth use ones I define in the document.

The command “three” uses the “command” alternative which expects a command
with two parameters, the first parameter can be used to print a title with the content
of the “text” and “title” keys (not used in my example) and the second parameters
prints the content of the command/environment.

The “four” command (you could also have used \four[author=Ward]{\input ward } in
the document) uses a different approach to define a customized layout. First you
create a new alternative with \defineannotationalternative where you specify a setup.
The setup itself is created with \startsetups … \stopsetups where you can use
all context commands you like. Values from \setupannotation or optional arguments
for \four or \startfour can be accessed with \annoationparameter{<key>}.

Wolfgang