On 25 November 2011, Hans Hagen [pragma@wxs.nl] wrote: > I uploaded a new beta. > ... > - Hz, dB (actually deci + bel so megabel also works), lx, permille, t, > k, Da added Actually decibel is an odd one, a logarithmic unit, so prefixes other than "deci" are never used. However the implementation is no problem. > - ad 2: no looking back (would demand an extra correction pass > elsewhere, maybe some day) Here I meant just space within the argument to \unit{}. It seems to be handled correctly now ... > - ad 8: manipulating the input this way is somewhat beyond the purpose > of a typesetting system (Normalisation of numbers and unit prefixes). OK, just seeing where the line was to be drawn. However, in the code a comment notes the possibility of automatic conversions to imperial units, which is a step even further, actually. Personally I don't think it's a good idea. [Or the b-grade movies]. > - ad 9: much will be configureable; see mkiv file for an example of > defining extra units (\registerunit [units] [point=pt, basepoint=bp]); Works, although > - I myself am not going to look in all kind of other tex stuff that lays > around as it's up to users/usage what is added, given that it fits into > the model of context; we have the old units modules as starting point That was a note to self, but any takers ... I attach a (much shorter) bunch of test cases (source and pdf again). Thanks, Robin