* repeat option in itemize not working correctly
@ 2011-09-08  8:05 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-09-08  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

In MkIV, \startitemize[n,repeat] gives a result that does not look right.
The numbers of the first level of itemize are missing.

\starttext
\startitemize[n,repeat]
   \item One
   \item Two
     \startitemize[n]
       \item Sub one
       \item Sub two
     \stopitemize
\stopitemize
\stoptext

I am using  2011.08.21.

Aditya

* Re: repeat option in itemize not working correctly
@ 2011-09-08  8:56 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-09-08  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.09.2011 um 10:05 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> In MkIV, \startitemize[n,repeat] gives a result that does not look right. The numbers of the first level of itemize are missing.

As you brought this up I’ll add another problem with repeated items (it shows also your problem). When you can the number format for a subitem the parent number is also changed:

\starttext

\startitemize[n,repeat]
	\item Item 1. \startitemize[n] \item Item 1.1. \item Item 1.2. \stopitemize
	\item Item 2. \startitemize[n] \item Item 2.1. \item Item 2.2. \stopitemize
\stopitemize

\blank[2*line]

\startitemize[n,repeat]
	\item Item 1. \startitemize[a] \item Item 1.a. \item Item 1.b. \stopitemize
	\item Item 2. \startitemize[a] \item Item 2.a. \item Item 2.b. \stopitemize
\stopitemize

\blank[2*line]

\startitemize[n,repeat]
	\noitem \startitemize[a] \item Item 1.a. \item Item 1.b. \stopitemize
	\noitem \startitemize[a] \item Item 2.a. \item Item 2.b. \stopitemize
\stopitemize

\stoptext

It can be solved with something like this:

\def\doactualitemnumber
  {\begingroup
   \setupstructurecounter
     [\currentitemgroupcounter]
     [%\c!prefix=\v!no,
      \c!prefix=\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!prefix,
      \c!prefixstopper=\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!prefixstopper,
      \c!prefixseparatorset=\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!prefixseparatorset,
      \c!prefixconversion=\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!prefixconversion,
      \c!prefixconversionset=\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!prefixseparatorset,
      \c!prefixset=\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!prefixset,
      \c!prefixsegments=\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!prefixsegments,
      \c!prefixconnector=\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!prefixconnector,
      \c!criterium=\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!criterium,
      \c!numberorder=\ifconditional\reverselistitem\v!reverse\else\v!normal\fi,
      \c!numberstopper=\expdoif{\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!placestopper}\v!yes{\getitemparameter\currentitemlevel\c!stopper},
     %\c!numberseparatorset=,
     %\c!numberconversionset=,
      \c!numberconversion=\currentitemsymbol,
      \c!numbersegments=\ifx\currentrepeatstart\empty\else\currentrepeatstart:\fi\number\currentitemlevel]%
   \ifconditional\reverselistitem
     \convertedstructurecounter[\currentitemgroupcounter]% [\number\currentitemlevel]%
+  \else\ifconditional\repeatlistitem
+      \dostepwiserecurse\currentrepeatstart\currentitemlevel\plusone
+        {\addvalue{repeatlist}{\getvalue{\@@globalitemsymbol\recurselevel}}}%
+      \normalexpanded{\definestructureconversionset[\??op::\v!repeat][\repeatlist][n]}%
+      \convertedstructurecounter[\currentitemgroupcounter][\c!numberconversionset=\??op::\v!repeat,\c!numberconversion=]
     \else
     \convertedstructurecounter[\currentitemgroupcounter]% [\number\currentitemlevel]%
   \fi
   \dohandleitemreference
   \endgroup}

but my solution above doesn’t work with complex itemize constructs.

Wolfgang

* Re: repeat option in itemize not working correctly
@ 2011-09-08 15:26   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-09-08 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8-9-2011 10:56, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> It can be solved with something like this:

thanks for analyzing this

> \def\doactualitemnumber
>    {\begingroup
 >
>       %\c!numberconversionset=,

^^ we can use \c!numberconversionset=itemgroup:\currentitemgroup,

> but my solution above doesn’t work with complex itemize constructs.

and then add (someplace) in the define macro:

\definestructureconversionset[itemgroup:#1][\currentitemconversionset][\currentitemsymbol]%

and at the end of the restarter:

    \ifx\currentrepeatstart\empty
      \let\currentitemconversionset\currentitemsymbol
    \else

\edef\currentitemconversionset{\currentitemconversionset,\currentitemsymbol}%
    \fi

which seems to work (baking a beta now)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-09-09  9:00     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-09-09  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.09.2011 um 17:26 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 8-9-2011 10:56, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> It can be solved with something like this:
>
> thanks for analyzing this
>
>> \def\doactualitemnumber
>>   {\begingroup
> >
>>      %\c!numberconversionset=,
>
> ^^ we can use \c!numberconversionset=itemgroup:\currentitemgroup,
>
>> but my solution above doesn’t work with complex itemize constructs.
>
> and then add (someplace) in the define macro:
>
> \definestructureconversionset[itemgroup:#1][\currentitemconversionset][\currentitemsymbol]%
>
> and at the end of the restarter:
>
>   \ifx\currentrepeatstart\empty
>     \let\currentitemconversionset\currentitemsymbol
>   \else
> \edef\currentitemconversionset{\currentitemconversionset,\currentitemsymbol}%
>   \fi
>
> which seems to work (baking a beta now)

Thanks, the numbers are now correct.

What’s missing is a fix for the problem Aditya mentioned (missing number for the first level item):

\unexpanded\def\actualitemnumber
  {\ifconditional\repeatlistitem
-    \ifcase\currentitemlevel\or\else
+    \ifcase\currentitemlevel\else
       \doactualitemnumber
     \fi
   \else
     \doactualitemnumber
   \fi}

and \noitem is broken with the changes in MkIV:

\def\doitemgroupnoitem
- {\doadvanceitem\donolistitem}
+ {\let\currentitemreference\empty