* How to squeeze one more line onto a page
@ 2007-01-13  4:43 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2007-01-13  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

How can I squeeze one more line onto a page without rewriting text or
resizing graphics. Just a one time I want a couple more lines.

* Re: How to squeeze one more line onto a page
@ 2007-01-13  5:04 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-13  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, David Arnold wrote:

> How can I squeeze one more line onto a page without rewriting text or
> resizing graphics. Just a one time I want a couple more lines.

\adaptlayout[lines+=2] or \adaptlayout[height=+2cm]

Aditya

* Re: How to squeeze one more line onto a page
@ 2007-01-13  5:12   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2007-01-13  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya,

Tried:

\adaptlayout[lines+=2]

The image in \infigure[fig:series2](c) clearly contains enough
information to complete the graph of the parabola having equation
$y=-(x+2)^2+3$ in \infigure[fig:finalparab].

Got an error:

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                    \relax
\balancedimensions #1#2#3->\scratchdimen #3\relax
                                                   \redoglobal
\advance #1 \s...

\dodoadaptlayout ...ht \footerheight \@@zaheight }
                                                   \ifdim
\footerheight <\zer...
<to be read again>
                    \par
l.660

Where should I put this command?

@ 2007-01-13  5:22     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-13  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, David Arnold wrote:

> Aditya,
>
> Tried:
>
> \adaptlayout[lines+=2]
>
> The image in \infigure[fig:series2](c) clearly contains enough
> information to complete the graph of the parabola having equation
> $y=-(x+2)^2+3$ in \infigure[fig:finalparab].
>
> Got an error:
>
> ! Missing number, treated as zero.
> <to be read again>
>                     \relax
> \balancedimensions #1#2#3->\scratchdimen #3\relax
>                                                    \redoglobal
> \advance #1 \s...
>
> \dodoadaptlayout ...ht \footerheight \@@zaheight }
>                                                    \ifdim
> \footerheight <\zer...
> <to be read again>
>                     \par
> l.660
>

> Where should I put this command?

hmm... I copy pasted from an old project so this code used to work.
But I get the same error right now.

Aditya

* Re: How to squeeze one more line onto a page
@ 2007-01-13  5:25       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-13  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, David Arnold wrote:
>
> > Aditya,
> >
> > Tried:
> >
> > \adaptlayout[lines+=2]
> >
> > Where should I put this command?
>
> hmm... I copy pasted from an old project so this code used to work.
> But I get the same error right now.

Hmm.... I do not know why this used to work earlier. The correct
syntax is \adaptlayout[lines=+2]

For example

\showframe

\setuppapersize[A6][A6]

\starttext

\dorecurse{30}
   {\recurselevel \endgraf}

\page

\adaptlayout[lines=+2]
\dorecurse{30}
   {\recurselevel \endgraf}

\stoptext

Aditya

* Re: How to squeeze one more line onto a page
@ 2007-01-13  5:35         ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2007-01-13  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

\adaptlayout[lines=+2]