* question about howto implement context on homeserver
@ 2010-06-16 12:51 mrheggiz
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: mrheggiz @ 2010-06-16 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

HI ALL!

This maybe discussed before. I ask anyway.

I'm having a personal homeserver that is accessible anywhere with
linux LAMP installed.

Is there some way to install minimals and have a webpage with a
function similar to
  context live but with mkiv support.

If I'm sitting on a computer with no context installation, it would be
nice to typeset my .tex files and receive a downloadable .pdf as a
result.

Also I want to have possibility to do an online conversion from other
markups to context markup like "pandoc".

I can do some shellscripting or php scripting if someone have some
hints in that direction.

Regards and many thanks in advance!

/Janneman

Jan-Erik Hägglöf
Mandelstensvägen 53
703 74 ÖREBRO

073-957 57 40
019-25 08 69
janerik.hagglof@bredband.net

* Re: question about howto implement context on homeserver
@ 2010-06-16 12:53 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-06-16 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 2:51 PM, mrheggiz <janerik.hagglof@bredband.net> wrote:
> HI ALL!
>
> This maybe discussed before. I ask anyway.
>
> I'm having a personal homeserver that is accessible anywhere with linux LAMP
> installed.
>
> Is there some way to install minimals and have a webpage with a function
> similar to
>  context live but with mkiv support.
>
> If I'm sitting on a computer with no context installation, it would be nice
> to typeset my .tex files and receive a downloadable .pdf as a result.
>
> Also I want to have possibility to do an online conversion from other
> markups to context markup like "pandoc".
>
> I can do some shellscripting or php scripting if someone have some hints in
> that direction.
>
> Regards and many thanks in advance!
IMHO, I find
wiki.contextgarden.net
really good

--
luigi

* Re: question about howto implement context on homeserver
@ 2010-06-16 12:59 ` John Haltiwanger
From: John Haltiwanger @ 2010-06-16 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 2:51 PM, mrheggiz <janerik.hagglof@bredband.net> wrote:
> HI ALL!
>
> This maybe discussed before. I ask anyway.
>
> I'm having a personal homeserver that is accessible anywhere with linux LAMP
> installed.
>
> Is there some way to install minimals and have a webpage with a function
> similar to
>  context live but with mkiv support.
>
> If I'm sitting on a computer with no context installation, it would be nice
> to typeset my .tex files and receive a downloadable .pdf as a result.
>
> Also I want to have possibility to do an online conversion from other
> markups to context markup like "pandoc".
>
> I can do some shellscripting or php scripting if someone have some hints in
> that direction.

I have tentative plans to implement exactly this (including the pandoc
part) as a module for the new Aiki web framework (
http://aikiframework.org )

Like many of my plans, they are currently on the backburner as I
finish my masters thesis.

* Re: question about howto implement context on homeserver
@ 2010-06-16 14:26 ` Vnpenguin
From: Vnpenguin @ 2010-06-16 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 14:51, mrheggiz <janerik.hagglof@bredband.net> wrote:
> HI ALL!
>
> This maybe discussed before. I ask anyway.
>
> I'm having a personal homeserver that is accessible anywhere with linux LAMP
> installed.
>
> Is there some way to install minimals and have a webpage with a function
> similar to
>  context live but with mkiv support.
>
> If I'm sitting on a computer with no context installation, it would be nice
> to typeset my .tex files and receive a downloadable .pdf as a result.

That's exactly we do here with a simple PHP script which parses a
ConTeXt template and makes PDF :)

* Re: question about howto implement context on homeserver
@ 2010-06-16 15:56   ` mrheggiz
From: mrheggiz @ 2010-06-16 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please tell me more, interesting!!

/Janneman

@ 2010-06-17  5:04     ` Vnpenguin
From: Vnpenguin @ 2010-06-17  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 17:56, mrheggiz <janerik.hagglof@bredband.net> wrote:
> Please tell me more, interesting!!

Have a look at PHP functions system(), exec() to execute an external
program from PHP.

--
http://vnoss.org

* Re: question about howto implement context on homeserver
@ 2010-06-17  8:30       ` mrheggiz
From: mrheggiz @ 2010-06-17  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'll look in to it. Many thanks for the tip!

Regards

/Janneman