From: Rik <rik@panix.com>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Problems with heads using margintext alternative
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 13:34:23 -0400	[thread overview]

Willi, Pablo, and list,

Willi,

I understand that the overprint of the margin can be managed by changing
the default layout. The left margin box displayed by \showframe using
the default layout clearly shows the margin extending past the edge of
the page.

I would think that the default layout should be usable as is, which for
this purpose means that the defined text areas are contained within the
page boundary. If the default layout is not intended to be usable, it
should be so documented. I will gladly update the wiki if this is the
case, but first I would like authoritative confirmation that this is the
case.

Indeed, the extra line before the text occurs only when inter-paragraph
whitespace is set and start/stop is used. This does indeed appear to be
something that can be repaired.

Pablo,

The \inmargin commands do suffer from the same problem; you need simply
change marg  to marg marg marg to see it. The problem is not that text
is set outside the margin. It is all set in the margin. The problem is
that the left margin is laid out over the page edge, and text set in the
part of the margin that is off the page is lost.

--
Rik