* Multiple text flows
@ 2010-01-20 13:51 Salil Sayed
From: Salil Sayed @ 2010-01-20 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

My book needs to have two separate texts for two different audiences. I get the inspiration from
http://books.google.co.in/books?id=qdltz8N9qSEC&lpg=PP1&dq=the%20body%20multiple&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=&f=false.

Here the author is separating each page on two parts. The top text is descriptive while lower text is literature research relating to the upper text.

I want to have one text flowing on right page and another on left. However, they are interconnected i.e. parallel. So there needs to be an anchoring mechanism so that on each right-left page couple they are talking about the same thing.

I am new to ConText but not shy of programming. I can explore any clues you give.

Thanks,

Salil

* Re: Multiple text flows
@ 2010-01-20 14:24 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-01-20 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/1/20 Salil Sayed <salilsay@yahoo.com>:
> My book needs to have two separate texts for two different audiences. I get
> the inspiration from
> http://books.google.co.in/books?id=qdltz8N9qSEC&lpg=PP1&dq=the%20body%20multiple&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=&f=false.

Try if this fits your needs:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Columns#Streams

Greetlings, Hraban

* Re: Multiple text flows
@ 2010-01-22 17:29   ` Salil Sayed
From: Salil Sayed @ 2010-01-22 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hraban,

This works beautifully for my purpose. The section no. continue from one text to the other which looks wrong but so far I think I can do without them. I have not tried putting figures and other things yet. As I make progress with the book I will experiment more. But that will take a while.

Thanks,

Salil