* How should I config the ConTeXt in order to use utf-8 encoding chinese characters?
@ 2007-01-16  3:23 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2007-01-16  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all

Now I can use the GBK encoding chinese characters in my ConTeXt, but
if I want to use the utf-8 encoding chinese characters in my tex
files, this is, I want the tex source file encoded by UTF-8, how
should I config the ConTeXt.  BYW, all the chinese fonts needed have
been installed correctly by me, including the TTFs and the
corresponding Type1 fonts.

Thanks

---
Hongyi Zhao (赵弘毅)
GnuPG DSA: 0xD108493B

老子道德经:第十七章
太上,不知有之;其次,亲而誉之;
其次,畏之;其次,侮之。
信不足焉,有不信焉。悠兮,其贵言。
功成事遂,百姓皆谓:“我自然”。

* Re: How should I config the ConTeXt in order to use utf-8 encoding chinese characters?
@ 2007-01-16  4:47 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-01-16  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Now I can use the GBK encoding chinese characters in my ConTeXt, but
> if I want to use the utf-8 encoding chinese characters in my tex
> files, this is, I want the tex source file encoded by UTF-8, how
> should I config the ConTeXt.  BYW, all the chinese fonts needed have
> been installed correctly by me, including the TTFs and the
> corresponding Type1 fonts.

Maybe \enableregime[utf]?

Aditya

* Re: How should I config the ConTeXt in order to use utf-8 encoding chinese characters?
@ 2007-01-16  7:31   ` Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2007-01-16  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 11:47:04PM -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
> > Dear all
> >
> > Now I can use the GBK encoding chinese characters in my ConTeXt, but
> > if I want to use the utf-8 encoding chinese characters in my tex
> > files, this is, I want the tex source file encoded by UTF-8, how
> > should I config the ConTeXt.  BYW, all the chinese fonts needed have
> > been installed correctly by me, including the TTFs and the
> > corresponding Type1 fonts.
>
> Maybe \enableregime[utf]?

Thanks, can you give me a minimal sample file, in my case, the chinese
font is song.

Furthmore, I use Werner's CJK, that is, if I want to invoke the song
font with UTF-8 encoding in the normal tex file, I should use the
argument like this:

[...]
\begin{CJK}{UTF8}{song}
[...]

But, what should I do if I want to use the argument \enableregime[utf]
with ConTeXt?

---
Hongyi Zhao (赵弘毅)
GnuPG DSA: 0xD108493B

老子道德经:第四十九章
圣人常无心,以百姓心为心。
善者吾善之,不善者吾亦善之,德善。
信者吾信之,不信者吾亦信之,德信。

* Re: How should I config the ConTeXt in order to use utf-8 encoding chinese characters?
@ 2007-01-16  7:43     ` Zhichu Chen
From: Zhichu Chen @ 2007-01-16  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)