* Page numbering in Adobe Reader
@ 2008-10-16 17:48 Zhichu Chen
From: Zhichu Chen @ 2008-10-16 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans and Taco,

Some guy think it's cool to use romannumeral numbers in the
preface and so is in the Adobe Reader. I searched the source
but apparently it is not provided. I made a very dirty test file so
could you make a switch in the \setupinteraction officially?

My test file is like:
\pdfcompresslevel 0

\setupinteraction
  [state=start,
   focus=width,
   page=yes,
   openaction=firstpage,
   click=no,
   title=TEST,
   author=Neals,
   subtitle=Test,
   keyword={test}]

\setupcolors
  [state=start]

\newcount\FrontPageNumbers

\setupsubpagenumber[way=bytext,state=start]
\setuppagenumbering[location=]

\startsectionblockenvironment[frontpart]
 \setupfootertexts[pagenumber]
 \setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]
\stopsectionblockenvironment

\startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]
 \global\FrontPageNumbers=\pagenumber
 \global\advance\FrontPageNumbers\minusone
 \setuppagenumber[number=1]
 \resetsubpagenumber
%  \setupfootertexts[\the\FrontPageNumbers]
 \setupfootertexts[pagenumber]
\stopsectionblockenvironment

\startsectionblockenvironment[backpart]
 \resetsubpagenumber
\stopsectionblockenvironment

\def\PageLabels{\pdfcatalog{/PageLabels << /Nums [ 0 << /S /r >>
\the\FrontPageNumbers << /S /D >> ] >>  >>}}

\prependtoks
  \PageLabels
\to \everystoptext

\starttext

\startfrontmatter
% \chapter{Table of Contents}
\completecontent[interaction=all]
\chapter{Preface}
\dorecurse{10}{\input zapf\par}
% \chapter{Preface}
% \dorecurse{10}{\input zapf\par}
% \chapter{Preface}
% \dorecurse{10}{\input zapf\par}
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
\chapter{Test}
\dorecurse{15}{\input tufte\par}
\chapter{TestAgain}
\dorecurse{15}{\input ward\par}
\stopbodymatter

\startbackmatter
Index maybe.
\stopbackmatter

\stoptext

A lot of the code to setup the main layout is stolen from Wolfgang :)

--
Best Regards
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com
                                               | www.sinap.ac.cn

* Re: Page numbering in Adobe Reader
@ 2010-06-27 18:52 ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-06-27 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just found this old thread as I was searching the archive for this topic:
"Page numbering in Adobe Reader" (i.e. roman in the preface and normal/arabic in the mainface)

Unfortunately this example (below) only gives no roman numbering...

Any more up-to-date info on this topic, somebody?!

Steffen

@ 2010-06-27 20:45   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-06-27 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 27.06.10 20:52, schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:
> I just found this old thread as I was searching the archive for this topic:
> "Page numbering in Adobe Reader" (i.e. roman in the preface and normal/arabic in the mainface)
>
> Unfortunately this example (below) only gives no roman numbering...
>
> Any more up-to-date info on this topic, somebody?!

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2010/050463.html

Wolfgang

* Re: Page numbering in Adobe Reader
@ 2010-06-28  5:45     ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-06-28  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 27.06.10 20:52, schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:
>> I just found this old thread as I was searching the archive for this topic:
>> "Page numbering in Adobe Reader" (i.e. roman in the preface and normal/arabic in the mainface)
>>
>> Unfortunately this example (below) only gives no roman numbering...
>>
>> Any more up-to-date info on this topic, somebody?!
>>

> http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2010/050463.html
>
> Wolfgang

I am not sure if I understood the meaning of the quoted link above correctly:
You mean that it's currently not possible with MkIV?
But the example file that is mentioned in that link don't produce anything with MkII either:
"TeXExec | no ctx file found
TeXExec | nothing to process"

Anyway, could someone show me an example where the resulting PDF has roman pagenumbering in preface and normal/arabic in mainface?
I have to admit I've never seen a document like this ...

Thanks, Steffen

* Re: Page numbering in Adobe Reader
@ 2010-06-28  7:42       ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-06-28  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 28.06.2010 um 07:45 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:

> But the example file that is mentioned in that link don't produce anything with MkII either:
> "TeXExec | no ctx file found
> TeXExec | nothing to process"

Ahh! There was a space in the file's name, thus...
Now it works.

Steffen