* \startvariables failed after the current update
@ 2008-10-28  7:35 Zhichu Chen
From: Zhichu Chen @ 2008-10-28  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I haven't updated my ConTeXt distribution for a very long time (for
the internet connection problem here) and somehow my network
worked, so I use ctxtools --update to make an update. During the
updating, I got some error message like "I can't find mult-def.tex"
and some other files more. Weird, because I do have those files
and kpsewhich can locate them. I just input the needed files WITH
the path and seemed OK. To make sure, I made another ctxtools --update
and this time no error messages.

Anyway, I compiled a used-to-be-working file and failed because
some "Undefined control sequence" and I found the "undefined"
macros are the \c!xxx and \v!yyy macros which I defined them
in
\startvariables all
           yyy: yyy
\stopvariables

\startconstants all
           xxx: xxx
\stopconstants

any explanations?

--
Best Regards
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com
                                               | www.sinap.ac.cn

* Re: \startvariables failed after the current update
@ 2008-10-28  8:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-28  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zhichu Chen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I haven't updated my ConTeXt distribution for a very long time (for
> the internet connection problem here) and somehow my network
> worked, so I use ctxtools --update to make an update. During the
> updating, I got some error message like "I can't find mult-def.tex"
> and some other files more. Weird, because I do have those files
> and kpsewhich can locate them. I just input the needed files WITH
> the path and seemed OK. To make sure, I made another ctxtools --update
> and this time no error messages.
>
> Anyway, I compiled a used-to-be-working file and failed because
> some "Undefined control sequence" and I found the "undefined"
> macros are the \c!xxx and \v!yyy macros which I defined them
> in
> \startvariables all
>            yyy: yyy
> \stopvariables
>
> \startconstants all
>            xxx: xxx
> \stopconstants
>
> any explanations?

sure, that interface has gone

\setinterfacevariable{yyy}{yyy}
\setinterfaceconstant{xxx}{xxx}

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-10-28  8:49   ` Zhichu Chen
From: Zhichu Chen @ 2008-10-28  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oops. Thanks. Although I think it would be much simpler if we can do this
by using comma lists.

@ 2008-10-28  9:57     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-28  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zhichu Chen wrote:
> Oops. Thanks. Although I think it would be much simpler if we can do this
> by using comma lists.

(1) slow
(2) when another interface is added, we need to extend all commalists
(say that you want a chinese user interface)
(3) we now generate definitions from lua tables

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE