Hi, (Forgetting our documentation philosophy session for a minute,) I'm experiencing issues in MKIV with smart quotes. Specifically, opening quotes. Compare the output of `texexec dash-test' and `context quote-test' on the following: \starttext `Yes, but --- ' `--- this is an interruption! Get down on the floor!' The interjection was quite {\em unexpected} --- indeed, `shocking'. \stoptext And the following with double quotes: \starttext ``Yes, but --- '' ``--- this is an interruption! Get down on the floor!'' The interjection was quite {\em unexpected} --- indeed, ``shocking''. \stoptext In both cases, MKIV treats the opening grave character (is that the name? backtick?) literally rather than as an opening smart quote. James