From: David Arnold <dwarnold45@cox.net>
Subject: Re: developing large numbers of MP files for inclusion in source
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:25:11 -0800	[thread overview]

Mojca,

You pretty much describe the way I've always worked in the past.

I am currently working on a technique where all my graphics for
section1 of chapter 3 are inside a file named sectionfigs.tex. I am
using MPpage and friends to make these. The file currently contains
about 14 graphics and files .1 through .14 are produced when I run
the file with texexec.

Next, I have a file section1figs.xml that is working as per the
directions in xfigures-s.pdf from Pragma. It produces a nice listing
of all of the figures for section 1 and their new labels (names).

I am now in my main document section1.tex including these figures as
per directions in xfigures-s.pdf.

I'd be happy to send what I've done when I've finished. Let me know.